Getting Discouraged...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
beansandlentils

Getting Discouraged...

Postby beansandlentils » 16 Aug 2012 21:19

Hi. I had my first intentional lucid dream about a week ago, after a week of starting a dream journal, doing reality checks and trying to do MILD (although I always wonder if I'm doing it right.) I am not sure how to gauge my progress, and wonder if I'm practicing techniques correctly. Lucid dreams are the sign, obviously, but I'm worried I won't have another! Any tips on staying engaged, and making sure there is some sort of progress?

Peter

Re: Getting Discouraged...

Postby Peter » 17 Aug 2012 00:12

Get on with your life and relax a little and the dreams will come. I get lots of LD's and also get dry runs so have learned to relax about it all
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

beansandlentils

Postby beansandlentils » 17 Aug 2012 14:00

Thanks Peter... It's hard to relax when I am so anxious to enter the dream world while I'm awake! Do you still practice techniques?

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 17 Aug 2012 22:52

beansandlentils wrote:Thanks Peter... It's hard to relax when I am so anxious to enter the dream world while I'm awake! Do you still practice techniques?

Yup, I'm with Peter on this... you're kinda defeating yourself. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 18 Aug 2012 00:41

Yes I do but I try for some level of awareness all the time when I am awake. What I like to focus on is how I am feeling about something. This the emotions during a reality check and this is proving to give me more awareness during a dream. Feelings created by emotions are I suspect somewhere between waking and dreaming awareness and so could form the bridge between the worlds.

I am continually trying new things so all my posts are current thoughts only and not meant to be hard facts. The point is that I am always thinking of both worlds all the time but in an easy relaxed way.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”