failed reality check and vibration in my ears

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

failed reality check and vibration in my ears

Postby gekada_75 » 17 Aug 2012 13:28

one afternoon i took a nap,im about to fall asleep and i saw hypnagogic images and i can't move, i feel like im floating and spinning in the air and i can feel vibrations in my ears suddenly i am dreaming,i pushed my two fingers in my palm but it didn't go through, my friends ask me what im doing, ''im doing a reality check because this is a dream'' i said they laughed at me and then my LD becomes a normal dream. why i didnt become more lucid? and what is that vibration? please help me

Re: failed reality check and vibration in my ears

Postby Peter » 18 Aug 2012 08:41

You were lucid but could not confirm it, that happens a lot. If it was in the afternoon it sounds like you were close to an OBE and again I have had plenty of them in the afternoons. The vibrations are part of the WILD feelings that may come at times. All normal when it is broken down into chunks
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Re: failed reality check and vibration in my ears

Postby fuzzylogic » 22 Aug 2012 14:18

As Peter said- the vibration thing is a classic sign that OBE is close. I've had many LD but vibration (actually for me is was very load buzz in my ears) just once. I didn't know what it was so didn't know to "stay with it" and try to transition out of body. Wish I knew...

Here's a suggestion- if you know enough to do a reality check, you are probably dreaming, so try to raise your clarity/awareness level to stabilise your LD before doing anything else. I do this by:

1- saying out loud to myself and also to any dream characters something like- "I am dreaming, you are in my dream"
2- and then saying "clarity now!".

It works like a charm. If you don't do this, you risk slipping back into regular dream state. I also rub my hands together which for some reason also helps stabilise things. And only then do I get into a dialogue with people.

Good luck.

Return to “For Beginners”