Question about the phrase "getting excited"

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
gekada_75

Question about the phrase "getting excited"

Postby gekada_75 » 23 Aug 2012 05:15

People here says that when you know you're dreaming don't get excited or you will awake, so if I calm myself down and intensify my dream and do exciting things like parcour ,will it wake me up?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Shadow

Re: Question about the phrase "getting excited"

Postby Shadow » 23 Aug 2012 08:00

Beginners sometimes when they ld will get so excited that they forget to stabilize the dream and they wake up in a couple of seconds. Whenever you ld you should really ground yourself in the dream first. Then you can go off and do all the exciting things you want.

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 23 Aug 2012 23:22

One of my favorite things to do while lucid dreaming is paragliding. I do it in real life and I do it all the time when I'm dreaming. It has never woken me up.

The thing that WILL wake you up if huge emotional excitement. Like running around yelling that you are dreaming.

I would just try parcour and see what happens.

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 24 Aug 2012 05:24

fuzzylogic wrote:The thing that WILL wake you up if huge emotional excitement

No that's not true. Once you stabilize the dream you can do anything. You can even die in a lucid dream and not wake up. I haven't done it but I've read others peoples experience. It's all about immersing yourself in the dream. Use all five senses. They'll be much longer and vivid that way.

gekada_75

Postby gekada_75 » 24 Aug 2012 06:37

Shadow wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:The thing that WILL wake you up if huge emotional excitement

No that's not true. Once you stabilize the dream you can do anything. You can even die in a lucid dream and not wake up. I haven't done it but I've read others peoples experience. It's all about immersing yourself in the dream. Use all five senses. They'll be much longer and vivid that way.

so what if i skydive feel the joy and happiness or excitement, i wont wake up????

Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Aug 2012 07:45

You are splitting hairs, try it and see
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Kal

Postby Kal » 24 Aug 2012 19:29

Gekada, I think what people are trying to say is this:

When you first realize you are lucid, stay calm. Notice the smells and sounds around you. Allow the dream come to life.

Then, when you feel like the dream is stable and settled, go and have fun! Do whatever exciting thing you want. :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Aug 2012 08:09

yes, also there is a small difference between being excited in the dream and getting emotional about the excitement. You will get the hang of it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”