Does my sub-conscious know more about myself than I do?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Fred

Does my sub-conscious know more about myself than I do?

Postby Fred » 26 Aug 2012 06:31

I'm new to lucid dreaming, but I was wondering; If I become lucid, and I ask my dream questions, will it know something that I dont?
For example, if I asked "Who do I respect most?" Is it possible it will reply with an answer that I did not expect, and is the reply always true?
Just interested, as I can't wait to become Lucid and be able to ask my dream questions like these.

Lavendula

Re: Does my sub-conscious know more about myself than I do?

Postby Lavendula » 26 Aug 2012 08:01

I think your subconscious DOES know more than you. But that's just my opinion

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

Kal

Postby Kal » 26 Aug 2012 13:15

I do think that your subconscious can give you answers you might not expect or be willing to admit consciously. But I wouldn't say that your subconscious is always correct. You will have to do a bit of exploring to find out how exactly it works for you. :)

Fred

Postby Fred » 26 Aug 2012 16:01

Thanks for the replies :)

And that sounds like what I expected, sounds interesting :)

Mr.Lucid

Postby Mr.Lucid » 27 Aug 2012 23:02

Fred wrote:I'm new to lucid dreaming, but I was wondering; If I become lucid, and I ask my dream questions, will it know something that I dont?
For example, if I asked "Who do I respect most?" Is it possible it will reply with an answer that I did not expect, and is the reply always true?
Just interested, as I can't wait to become Lucid and be able to ask my dream questions like these.

Yes, I believe that the subconsious knows more than the concious "you" does. There is a theory for this:
You, the person sitting at the computer reading this post is the concious part of you, the ego. The ego wants and desires, knows much about real life, and has experience with social interations. But the SUBconcious doesn't interact with others and the outside, it only focuses on you, the ego. There for, while your at school, eating, talking, etc., the subconcious is going through your memories, like files, deciding which stay, which go. That is why your subconcious knows more about you, than you! The subconcious is constantly goes through memories, making desicious, and with lucid dreaming, you can tap into that info, and find out more about yourself. Hope this helped! :mrgreen:

Return to “For Beginners”