Explain what's going on? Lucid? Can you help Rebecca also?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lucidinthe sky

Re: Explain what's going on? Lucid? Can you help Rebecca als

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Sep 2012 22:59

Untouchable wrote: I also wonder though how is it that a dream can be as vivid as waking life if you don't use your eyes to see. It's like as if in waking life things are HD but in my dreams i still get the pictures from an 80's color TV.

It can be as vivid and real as waking life, but on an experiential level, without the sensory input that is provided during waking life. I like the Morpheus quote for the Matrix: "What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain." So in waking life our reality is an interpretation of electrical signals that we "make" mentally into reality. In dreams you have part, the mental fabrication part without the electrical signals which can vary in quality depending on a lot of things.Reality in dreams becomes a mental construction based on "what do think it looks?" "what do you think will happen", etc. I believe the ability develops over the course of a human life simply from the amount of practice you have. There often discrepancies, things missing, illogical etc. in a dream if we look closely, but we generally we either don't notice them or don't care. At the end we are often convinced it was real so we are left with that memory. Sometimes my dreams are quite obviously of lower quality, fuzzy, black and white, semitransparent or 2 dimensional. Even the best and most realistic ones have a surreal quality to them, almost as if everything is made of some kind of vibrating energy.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”