Trouble with WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Bleekman117

Trouble with WILD

Postby Bleekman117 » 10 Sep 2012 20:37

So I've just recently started trying to WILD. Last night I went to bed, put on some Binaural Beats and shut my eyes. I meditated for about 10 or 15 minutes until I felt fully relaxed. By then, I started to get into hypnogogia and was playing with the imagery for a bit. The problem is, I was laying there(completely still the entire time) for over an hour. Didn't move once, trying to visualize the dream. However, I never fell into sleep paralysis... I was still aware of my body. I did feel a little heavy, but nothing more than me just being relaxed. I eventually opened my eyes after an hour and fifteen minutes because I was getting frustrated... I just don't get it.. No matter how hard I try, I can never get into SP. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. What do you guys do that works? Anybody have this same problem and know how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The mind is a beautiful thing

Snaggle

Re: Trouble with WILD

Postby Snaggle » 11 Sep 2012 01:53

The normal sleep pattern is: hypnagogic images; to NREM dreams; to dreamless delta sleep to REM muscle atonia to REM dreams. You should not be experiencing SP and one never has to be in SP to do a WILD. In a normal full WILD in which one is lucid from waking to back awake one goes: HI; to NREM dreams; to a transitional image inspired by the onset of REM muscle atonia to REM dreams. Going into an SP experience is abnormal.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 11 Sep 2012 02:11

Ok, well I'm not so much interested in the SP part of it, I just don't understand what I'm not doing. I follow the technique as explained on the site and I don't understand why I can't fall asleep. If I'm trying to WILD, I will not fall asleep. I always come out of a deeply relaxed state and just stop trying and then I will fall asleep...
I just need some experienced WILDers to give me some tips on how to go about it and tell me what I'm doing wrong, if I'm doing anything wrong.

gekada_75

Postby gekada_75 » 15 Sep 2012 11:28

when i try wild,i don't go thru sp,i go directly to the dream,also no hypnagogia,i see only light

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 16 Sep 2012 20:45

What happens when you go through the WILD? What signs show your body is falling asleep? The WILD really baffles me, and I just want some other experiences so I can try and figure out how to go about achieving it.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 16 Sep 2012 21:09

What time are you trying to do this? If you are trying this before you go into dreamless sleep, as in say 10 pm at night when you first go to sleep, its very unlikely it will work, but if its in the morning in between REM sleep it has a much better chance of working.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 17 Sep 2012 08:03

Yea, I was reading up on that today. I actually already knew that, I don't know why I was trying right when I go to bed... I'm setting an alarm tonight though so I should get a bit more progress this time around..

Return to “For Beginners”