Should I explore scary places?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mastermind

Should I explore scary places?

Postby mastermind » 15 Sep 2012 20:30

For some reason when I dig down into the ground things get scary. Not really scary because I turn back, but what I see is dark swamp like places and caves and even sewers as I descend, and my brain tells me not to go there because it is scary. Digging down is easier than trying to fly for me right now so it was something I wanted to try. I just want to ask if I should be brave and confront my fears in my lucid dream? I know I'm dreaming OF COURSE, it is lucid, it's just that at the same time I have a respect and awe for the power of my imagination and still feel fear. It sounds odd maybe, but at the moment I always run from the fear and pursue something new. So I ask, should I take the challenge and go there? Will it be rewarding? Will it be good? :twisted: :ugeek: :shock: :evil: :cry: :o :)

I guess i'm also asking for some reassurance, that if I dig down deep and enter these "scary places" that everything will be alright, and i will prevail.

Snaggle

Re: Should I explore scary places?

Postby Snaggle » 15 Sep 2012 20:40

Yes, and it will be scary, facing ones fears always is and it's chance whether one breaks through fear into courage. You'll like yourself better if you face your fears, though the experience of facing them might be anything but rewarding.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Sep 2012 22:29

Snaggle is right so the answer it yes, yes and yes just get on with it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 16 Sep 2012 02:58

In my early dreams I would always run from whatever im being chased, now that im older I have been confronting the terrors of my dreams much more, I think it changes your perspective of reality as well, and helps your confidence.

Just last night I was being chased by a gang of like 4 late teens, must have been around 19. I was running and I had all these bags in my hands, I was dropping stuff. Eventually I just said stuff it ( this is non lucid btw) and grabbed a baseball bat. I turned around, it was pitch black as we were out on the street at midnight. They ran at me and I just straight swung blindly at them, couldnt see a thing, beat the crap out of all them.

Felt great, highly recommend trying it.

Disclaimer: Reading the below paragraph may have a begative self fulfilling prophecy, read at your own risk.

As a word of caution confronting bad things hasnt always worked out for the best for me. I remember waking up in my bed (still in a dream though) and there was a black hand under my covers. I grabbed it to see what would happen, and my entire body got spun into darkness, it was like the darkness was a sheet that twisted around me and crushed me, it felt aweful. Didnt last long though.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 17 Sep 2012 23:02

have you tried asking your own subconscious while lucid?

mastermind

Postby mastermind » 23 Sep 2012 04:05

the thing is, i don't even know what it is i'm afraid of. its just comes off as scary. iv'e already decided in my next lucid dream to summon a guardian creature from the game torchlight 2 iv'e been playing. that game im hoping will help me be more brave in my dreams cause of the sensation of growing more powerful and conquering monsters and such. and the guardian bird like creature will protect me in my next dream so here's to hoping that works. i'll post about it if i have such a dream and it turns out to be successful

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 23 Sep 2012 23:17

Courage is fear that has said it's prayers.

Food for thought.
The mind is a beautiful thing

mastermind

Postby mastermind » 29 Sep 2012 06:18

okay i hear yall i think im gonna wait till i feel stronger. i already kinda know where to go to explore my fears. for some reason digging down into the earth, which is easy for some reason, i begin to enter a scary place. but first i wanna feel more in control, recognize my powers in these dreams, realize i can just transport away if i must or blow everything up or w/e. thanks for the encouragement tho seriously

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 01 Oct 2012 05:32

That is part of the beauty of lucid dreaming! You can confront and overcome your worst fears and never actually have to be in any harms way!
The mind is a beautiful thing

mastermind

Postby mastermind » 05 Oct 2012 03:17

Bleekman117 wrote:That is part of the beauty of lucid dreaming! You can confront and overcome your worst fears and never actually have to be in any harms way!

yea, but its SCARY, atleast at this point, but i thought of a way that might work, i'll go on a scary ride, like the haunted house at disney, (i know thats not scary) and when i confront my fears it will be on a ride and i'll be safe in my dream, which im safe in anyway, but, you know...

Return to “For Beginners”