Dreams about lucid dreaming?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
BayBeeDreamer

Dreams about lucid dreaming?

Postby BayBeeDreamer » 18 Sep 2012 07:10

Ok, so last night I had two very strange dreams, somehow, in a normal dream I held my nose, nd relised I could breathe! So I thought 'I must be dreaming!' I don't think I became lucid. I tried to change the scene and control things, but what ever I did, The opposite thing happened, For example I imgined I was at a beach, The sun was hot, the salty air in my face, the smell of the salty water.... And I ended up in a garden with the grass full of plastic balls (like a ball pit). When I woke up, I was adament that I had had a lucid dream. But now I think about it, I didn't feel like I KNEW I was in a dream, Just that I could do nything (which didn't seem to happen.....)

Can anyone help?

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
"You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain’t never seen a donkey fly." (Unless you were lucid dreaming!)

BayBeeDreamer

Re: Dreams about lucid dreaming?

Postby BayBeeDreamer » 18 Sep 2012 07:11

My 'a' on my keyboard doesn't seem to be working normally, sorry for some miss spellings... :P

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
"You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain’t never seen a donkey fly." (Unless you were lucid dreaming!)

Mezz

Postby Mezz » 19 Sep 2012 04:48

I haven't had a LD yet, so please take my advice with a grain of salt!

That being said, my advice would be to just keep up with your reality checks, and have more than one. My guess is that you're really close, so just keep practicing that, and keep up on meditating and working on self-awareness!

I hope that's helpful, and good luck! :)
We are the makers of music, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Sep 2012 05:33

Not sure if it was dream about lucid dreaming or an actual lucid dream. Only you can tell for sure.

I've had both kinds and one way I can tell is by the memories. If all the memories are pretty much the same, that is the lucid experience memories kind of blend in with the rest of the dream and doesn't stand out, then it's a good chance it was a dream about lucid dreaming.

If it's a real lucid dream, then you will have memories which are much more similar to waking life memories and I also make myself mental notes during the lucid dream, such as telling myself that I will remember certain things, etc. You also have the distinct memories of what you were thinking when you became lucid and also the decisions and choices you made which again produce waking life memories, not dream memories.

In any case, its a good sign and means you are probably getting closer to lucidity if you didn't already have it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”