Hi!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Stefan

Hi!

Postby Stefan » 20 Sep 2012 00:04

Hi, everyone!

My name is Stefan, and I'm an aspiring lucid dreamer (well, that much is probably). I've been reading the articles on this site for awhile, ever since I got interested in lucid dreaming--a few months ago. Unfortunately, I haven't actually had a lucid dream yet... But I haven't given up! I've kind of been off and on in practice, so I'm trying to stay motivated to try every night, as well as have the discipline to keep a consistent dream journal.

So, I've tried a lot of methods of lucid dream induction, primarily MILD and WILD. I do consistent reality checks and have decent dream recall (around 3+ dreams a night). But I haven't actually become lucid in my dreams. Some days I'll spend long periods of time reading about lucid dreaming and visualizing it, to the point where that's all I'm thinking about when I go to bed. And yet, when I actually dream, the thought doesn't even cross my mind. Sure, I've had dreams that involve lucid dreaming, some even to the point of me talking to a friend about what it would feel like to dream lucidly. But alas, the actual recognition of my state has never actually "clicked" in-dream. I've also tried WILD several times, but I always find myself falling asleep--I fall asleep very easily, so you can imagine my frustration when I lie down for a nap and relax while trying to keep my mind awake, only to realize that it's two hours later and I'd just fallen asleep through WILD!

So yeah, just wanted to introduce myself, say where I am in my lucid dreaming "journey," so to speak, and maybe get advice from experienced dreamers! I look forward to meeting you all.

Tomato

Re: Hi!

Postby Tomato » 22 Sep 2012 02:27

Hello!

Being new myself, I know how you feel. A lot of patience and willpower is needed to have the first lucid dream, and I hear that once you have it you can do it whenever you want. I had my first lucid dream a few days ago, and it was an unforgettable experience.

Also, do you meditate often? Falling asleep is an irritation during meditations and regular mind excercises help with WILD's.
You tell that Mitt Romney bastard, If he screws with Big Bird, he screws with me.

Stefan

Postby Stefan » 25 Sep 2012 02:26

Thanks for the reply, Tomato! And I've done some meditation, although the problem is that a lot of the time I end up falling asleep (it happens really easily to me). So as of late my dream recall has been very good, to the point where sometimes there are so many dreams I remember that if I write them all down in full detail it'll take a really long time, and by the time I finish the first one I won't remember any of the others! So for dream journals: Do you guys write down every single dream in complete detail, or just main points? I mean I remember a lot of details, so it could take awhile... But yeah, overall I think I'm doing well; I have an app on my phone that reminds me to do a reality check every two hours, so that's good--still, it's like I'm oblivious to these things in the dream world. Annoying. Well, I'm sure it'll click sometime. Any more advice from anyone would be awesome.

Tomato

Postby Tomato » 26 Sep 2012 01:09

Sadly, I can't make further realtions to people who fall asleep during meditation... that's because I have insomnia, and WILD is one of the only ways I can quickly go to sleep, giving me a sort of advantage. When I write down my dreams I don't usually use too much detail. All that's needed is enough detail to jog your memory so that you say "Oh yeah! That dream was the one where (insert dream here)!". Hope this helps.
You tell that Mitt Romney bastard, If he screws with Big Bird, he screws with me.

Return to “For Beginners”