So close...!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Mezz

So close...!

Postby Mezz » 02 Oct 2012 05:38

Hello again LD community! :)

So, I've been working on lucid dreaming for roughly 3 weeks now. I realize I'm not always putting my total effort into it each day, which probably explains why it's taking so long. Nonetheless, I think (hope!) I'm finally getting close now.

Just last night, I was having a string of very random, crazy dreams. However, in one of them, I was over at my neighbour's house and there were a bunch of people there I did not really know or recognize. I think for some reason my great-aunt might have shown up as well. Either way, it was very odd and getting odder, and I finally had a moment where I thought, wait--this is getting too weird. I should probably do my reality checks now. However, I was in front of people and busy, and didn't think I was actually dreaming, so I decided I would have to put off the reality check til I could be alone for a moment, and thus, I ended up forgetting to do it completly.

I hope this means I'm getting really close, though! (I've actually had a dream a couple weeks ago where I ended up doing a quick reality check, but it WORKED the same way it does in waking life. I've since changed up my reality checks a bit.)

Any tips on getting yourself to do a reality check in a dream where you're busy/in front of people you don't want to think you're weird?
We are the makers of music, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

lumencryster

Re: So close...!

Postby lumencryster » 02 Oct 2012 05:42

i've been focusing on doing mental reality checks. stuff like trying to levetate. although seeing one of my hands go through the other is priceless when it actually works.

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Oct 2012 06:16

Just keep at it, its hard as the dream puts you in a different state and so it all seems normal. I think that being regular with reality checks will help as there is more chance of you doing one out of habit so what you choose to do is not that important in the early stages. Simple ones in front of people is to look at your hands and see if they are normal, and try to push one hand into the other and see what happens. It is easy to get taked out of the check by yourself or a dream charactor so it takes a little will power to make it all work but you are making progress
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Oct 2012 20:13

Mezz wrote:Hello again LD community! :)

Either way, it was very odd and getting odder, and I finally had a moment where I thought, wait--this is getting too weird. I should probably do my reality checks now. However, I was in front of people and busy, and didn't think I was actually dreaming, so I decided I would have to put off the reality check til I could be alone for a moment, and thus, I ended up forgetting to do it completly....Any tips on getting yourself to do a reality check in a dream where you're busy/in front of people you don't want to think you're weird?

The important point is that you recognized that things were strange, that's at least half the battle. The reality check is mainly there to confirm the suspicions. I always look at my hands as a reality check, but another is to try to pinch your nose and breath or try to push your fingers through the palm of the other hand (that one doesn't work for me).

And yes you are very very close to success. Next time tell yourself that you will remember to do a reality check before going to sleep. Good luck!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Mezz

Postby Mezz » 03 Oct 2012 06:05

Thanks a lot guys!! Back to it, then! :D
We are the makers of music, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Return to “For Beginners”