Lucid Dreaming to kick alcohol or drugs

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
addictedtomary

Lucid Dreaming to kick alcohol or drugs

Postby addictedtomary » 03 Oct 2012 19:36

Hello,

I am a recovering addict. I used lucid dreaming as a means to kick my addiction to marijuana. I am still a beginner at lucid dreaming, but I know I can get better.

I read that marijuana impedes your body's ability to enter R.E.M. If you can't enter R.E.M. then you can't dream. If you can't dream then you can't become lucid. I decided to stop smoking till I started dreaming again. I had been trying to lucid dream for about 2 weeks before I successfully had one. It was an amazing feeling. I looked around in my dream and said, "I'm dreaming". I then took off into the sky like Neo. I felt the air rush past my face and I felt the g forces in every turn I took. It was far more pleasurable then using any drug. I had done it, a loser stoner had just achieved something that many sober people could not and if I can do it, so can YOU!

Believe in yourself

I just wanted to say thank you to Rebecca and everyone else on this forum for all of your information and insights. I struggle everyday, but I know I can stay clean because lucid dreaming has shown me that I am the most powerful being in my universe. I control me not some drug.

P.S. Sober for 6 weeks and still dreaming ;)

Animus

Re: Lucid Dreaming to kick alcohol or drugs

Postby Animus » 04 Oct 2012 03:39

Beautiful and inspirational story!
Keep it up!
_T

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Oct 2012 05:15

addictedtomary wrote:Hello,

I am a recovering addict. I used lucid dreaming as a means to kick my addiction to marijuana. I am still a beginner at lucid dreaming, but I know I can get better.

I read that marijuana impedes your body's ability to enter R.E.M. If you can't enter R.E.M. then you can't dream. If you can't dream then you can't become lucid. I decided to stop smoking till I started dreaming again. I had been trying to lucid dream for about 2 weeks before I successfully had one. It was an amazing feeling. I looked around in my dream and said, "I'm dreaming". I then took off into the sky like Neo. I felt the air rush past my face and I felt the g forces in every turn I took. It was far more pleasurable then using any drug. I had done it, a loser stoner had just achieved something that many sober people could not and if I can do it, so can YOU!

Good job! I used drugs too a long time ago, including lots of marijuana. Its good to see that you've gotten beyond that and into something much more powerful, deeper and enlightening. Whatever you learn here you take with you. Using drugs as a crutch isn't one of them.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Sir_Serix

Postby Sir_Serix » 06 Oct 2012 22:41

Well, who the hell needs drugs to emulate a false happiness or reality when you can actually create it!
I mean, some guys want to see weird things by taking drugs, I just go to sleep and take a walk
in my dreams ;)
Apart from that, unlike drugs, dreaming and all the things you do don't affect your body in a negative way. It doesn't matter what you have dreamed, you will stay as healthy as you started
Well, I'm glad you've left your addictions and you started do lucid dream, congratulations :) !

Return to “For Beginners”