Missed it by that much

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Wednesday

Missed it by that much

Postby Wednesday » 10 Oct 2012 22:45

So, this has happened several times in my dreams, some things happen that don't make sense, and I think, I'm dreaming! Problem is, I don't become lucid, instead I think "I guess I'll wake up now", and I miss my chance :roll: . If anyone could help me find a way to remember to take control I would appreciate it

Dream_Wolf

Missed it by that much

Postby Dream_Wolf » 11 Oct 2012 03:12

Wednesday wrote:So, this has happened several times in my dreams, some things happen that don't make sense, and I think, I'm dreaming! Problem is, I don't become lucid, instead I think "I guess I'll wake up now", and I miss my chance :roll: . If anyone could help me find a way to remember to take control I would appreciate it

Really? wow that happened to me once too! lol im not sure what might of happened but here are some guesses i think might of happened (lol):
-did you feel to exhilerated or too happy?
-maybe the dream `dream bond` was a bit weak (lol meaning like it depends what time you had it ect ect cos that could effect it)
- maybe because it was in the middle of the dream so your brain was probably like``ok looks like he or shes awake with enough rest,better wake the rest of the body up``
lol sorry if this didn`t help lol well hopefully this helped!

with good luck,
Lucid-dreamer-in-training,
Dream_wolf

HAGART

Re: Missed it by that much

Postby HAGART » 11 Oct 2012 22:35

Wednesday wrote:Problem is, I don't become lucid, instead I think "I guess I'll wake up now", and I miss my chance

You were lucid, but missed your chance to do anything with it. Staying focused on your lucid dream surroundings help prolong it more. One part of being lucid in a dream is knowing who you are, but if you think about it too much and what upcoming events you have to do throughout the upcoming day, and it is time to wake up, it fades and ends. Eventually, you will probably stop getting the feeling, "it's time to wake up", and prolong it more. I use to think I was sleeping in way too late at times and would wake up only to find out I still could have stayed lucid dreaming for while longer. (If you must wake up to catch a bus or a flight however, by all means, do so. But if there is no need, stay focused on the dream world at hand.)

Dream_Wolf wrote:-maybe the dream `dream bond` was a bit weak (lol meaning like it depends what time you had it ect ect cos that could effect it)

I know what you mean. When a lucid dream ends and there was nothing I could do to save it, I look at my clock and, sure enough, it is always the usual time my body has been use to waking.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”