Did i go back to same dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Did i go back to same dream?

Postby Continuum » 11 Oct 2012 20:04

My first lucid dream -I think- was about 1-2 years ago, i had a normal dream where i was near our yard tied to a tree by a yellow big robot who tortured me with small electric spikes, then i suddenly woke up for a very short amount of time (perhaps 2-10 seconds) by some sound from the wake world, then i closed my eyes and fell asleep, i was in the same tree tied but this time i thought; "i know this is dream i have to get out" then i walked away from the tree and the robot vanished, i walked next to our house wondering how to wake up and i was lucid that time, finally when i woke up i knew what happened but that time i had never heard the term "lucid dream" or what happened to me. What really happened to me, did i just go back to same dream from wake world?

Re: Did i go back to same dream?

Postby dreamerinmiami » 11 Oct 2012 21:50

sounds like you most definitely did
What is your definition of reality?

Re: Did i go back to same dream?

Postby HAGART » 11 Oct 2012 22:14

Yes you did. This has never happened to me before, but I would say you did. There have been times when I write my dream journal and I realize that a different dream of mine was in roughly the same place with the same scenario happening, so having the same dream especially in the same night and especially close to the previous one is definitely possible. I guess waking for only a few seconds was not enough to fully awaken your mind and you simply slipped back to sleep again and since that dream was still fresh on your mind... voila!

This is like the wake back to bed method, but much shorter and faster.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “For Beginners”