WILD Method Throat Swallowing Problem

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

WILD Method Throat Swallowing Problem

Postby MrMan » 12 Oct 2012 13:58

Every night I wake up at 3 am. I try to do WILD were I lay still and try to get sleep paralysis, but I have a problem with my throat and having to swallow. I can easily lay still and not roll over or itch my arm and things like that, but my throat is I problem I cannot solve. :(

Re: WILD Method Throat Swallowing Problem

Postby FantasyMind » 13 Oct 2012 15:19

Well, I heard that when solving this problem, you can roll onto your side and sleep like that. Or, If you are on your back, tilt your head back (using additional pillows) or tucking your chin in. What I usually do, is try to ignore it... Somehow :? Hope this helps :D
Are you dreaming?

Postby Tomato » 13 Oct 2012 16:42

I sleep on my side, too. I simply find that position more comfy.

As for the throat thing, I had that problem too. I just kept my throat open so that I didn't need to swallow. (Yes, that is nasty, but it works.)
You tell that Mitt Romney bastard, If he screws with Big Bird, he screws with me.

Postby Peter » 14 Oct 2012 00:35

if you have to swallow then swallow, that simple and then get back to what you were doing. Its a natural reflex and part of going to sleep so take it as a sign, swallow and then back to the job at hand which is staying awake while going to sleep
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ebony Wolf

Postby Ebony Wolf » 18 Oct 2012 06:08

This has actually never affected me... I can usually swallow, and I had always supposed my body just thought that it was a natural reflex, and continued to do what it was doing.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
So..anyone else find new music annoying? I only like older songs. Dat Sinatra. <3

I LOVE YOU. Unless I don't. In which case I do? ..Was that confusing enough?

Return to “For Beginners”