Hi! Oh, and I need some help...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
vanilla_panda

Hi! Oh, and I need some help...

Postby vanilla_panda » 24 Oct 2012 13:43

Hi everyone! My name's Sam and I'm 17. I've known about lucid dreaming for a long time but never had the energy to really put my all into it. For the last week or so, I've done frequent reality checks and I'm keeping a dream diary. However, I seem to have a bit of a problem - I think I have some kind of mental block.

The only time I've lucid dreamed recently was 4 days ago and was sort of an accident. Nothing in particular tipped me off to it - I just realized, and it was very exciting. At that moment everything started getting hazy and I woke up. Since then, I've been more determined than ever to achieve lucidity again but knowing what I'm going to do - I've made a plan so I won't start hazing out again. However, ever since that day I haven't been able to recall my dreams that well, and the only ones I've had were false awakenings. Last night was particularly frustrating, because even though I was semi-aware that I was dreaming, my mind wouldn't let me do anything but look at boring pictures of office stuff. I'm starting to wonder if I'm trying too hard, as ever since that day my dream recall's been way down and I've been getting very frustrated.

I've tried inducing sleep paralysis through meditation as well. I've experienced the weird vibrations and the ringing in your ears and occasionally some hypnagogic images. However, I find myself forced to swallow and my muscles start twitching (one time my leg flung itself really far lol). I tried it yesterday and I ended up lying there for 40 minutes with no results. Very disappointing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I have so many things I want to try lucid dreaming, but I'm facing a serious block. What do I do?

erichsa

Re: Hi! Oh, and I need some help...

Postby erichsa » 24 Oct 2012 19:21

From my experience I would say, cool it don’t force it, going to sleep tell yourself that you will be dreaming, and become lucid. Be glad if you can remember your dreams, lucid or not, in writing them done see if you can find a message. I found that my clear dreams got better, and then one day in a flying dream I realized that I was dreaming and did take control for a while, teaching children how to fly. Again no force, but know you dream every night, and in time you will be in control. :)

Return to “For Beginners”