Meditation help

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Meditation help

Postby Extermanet » 09 Jul 2011 22:50

I need some help with meditation

I have what seems like a short attention span, the only thing I can truly focus on is video games (lol)
Anytime I go to meditate I cut the meditation short, having only meditated for a little more than 8 minutes thinking I've meditated long enough. I've tried Listening to allmost all the sounds that have been recommended but I still cut short. (Binural beats, Iso-tones)

Is there any Help I can get, Or is it more of a "I'll learn to be more patient over time" Thing

Re: Meditation help

Postby JoeyFeduka » 10 Jul 2011 10:02

You'll learn more patience over time. You can't expect yourself to do it instantly, it's a new concept that must be learned. (That's how it was for me at least)

Re: Meditation help

Postby rdubya » 11 Jul 2011 15:29

Try guided meditations to improve length-- meditation is all up to the individual, but if you are becoming so distracted and it becomes unpleasant than it is best to walk away. Let the time improve itself. You can't force meditation because then it is no longer constructive. It is actually often recommended you only start at 5 minutes or so. My time varies from 30-45 minutes now, but I too started at 5:00 minutes. It is hard to say don't become frustrated at your mind wandering or the voice constantly talking, but you noticing that is actually meditation. Awareness of the mind is meditation =)

Return to “For Beginners”