Fully lucid - but no dream control

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ShadowStar889

Fully lucid - but no dream control

Postby ShadowStar889 » 28 Oct 2012 14:34

I am posting this for a friend of mine who would really like to have dream control.

He has lucid dreams 2x a week (like me) but he has absolutely no dream control. He is trapped in his mind as his subconscious can do anything it likes in the dream. When he suggests something to his subconscious, it usually doesn't listen to him.

This has never happened to me; my subconscious and I are on good terms with each other so I didn't know what to tell him.

Any advice?
Three Laws of Emotion
1. People who are happy tend to stay happy unless acted on by an outside force.
2. Happiness = Optimism*Event
3. For every change in emotion a person feels, there is an unequal and opposite reaction in the people around them.

erichsa

Re: Fully lucid - but no dream control

Postby erichsa » 01 Nov 2012 19:43

I have very clear dreams, but I cant call them lucid as I don't control them. By now I found out that in my flying dreams I come close, and have been in parts of it a bit lucid. In that bit I have control. For me it means I will go from now to sleep with an image of me flying knowing I am dreaming and demand: awarness now, and take control of my dreams. It might work for your friend if he checks in his dream journal to find out which dreams he has most and concentrate on a theme for a few weeks. :)

Return to “For Beginners”