is this lucid dreaming?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
blueskyfish

is this lucid dreaming?

Postby blueskyfish » 02 Nov 2012 01:57

many years ago, when i was about 17, i was dreaming, quite random, i cant remember it in detail although i was in a city or something then i was in a rainforest. i walked through the dense undergrowth struggling to push my way through the forest, suddenly i heard a phone ringing and instinctively stopped and began looking for a phone, i could hear it was so close but couldnt see it, i began to look beneath large spread out leaves trying to find where the ringing was coming from. then i thought, im in a forest, there is no phone. i must be dreaming, damn i need to wake up and answer it! then i woke up, and ran to pick up the phone.
i have had other dream experiences since but not quite the same, and my memory of them is a little vague, eg, being critically injured and realizing i can heal my self, these usually haven't lasted very long and i have woken soon after.
any thoughts and comments appreciated

HAGART

Re: is this lucid dreaming?

Postby HAGART » 03 Nov 2012 02:54

No matter what is happening, or how long it happens, if you are aware you are dreaming it is lucid. It was short-lived and you didn't have a chance to do anything with it while in that state, but that is a lucid dream in a nutshell. I think EVERYONE has lucid dreamed at least once and just didn't realize it or the potential of it. If it ever happens again, try to remain in the lucid dream longer and see what you can or cannot do.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”