Scared of WILDs :/

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Bryce Gorman

Scared of WILDs :/

Postby Bryce Gorman » 07 Nov 2012 07:58

I was laying in bed, calmly relaxed and ready for a wake induced dream but as I was starting to feel the dream come on, I started actually hearing rushing sounds like wind. I knew I was in my room and that its part of the process but damn it scared the crap outta me.

I was soooo close to my first WILD and I lost it from getting frightened at actual audible sound. I know the only way to get over it is to actually commit to the dream but has anyone had a similar experience and can help me get over it faster?

Peter

Re: Scared of WILDs :/

Postby Peter » 07 Nov 2012 15:58

Plenty of experiences like that in the beginning, its part of it and just accept that there is nothing to fear and its part of the process to having a WILD
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Re: Scared of WILDs :/

Postby HAGART » 08 Nov 2012 02:32

I never 'SUCCESSFULLY' attempted a WILD at will. It may have happened accidentally though...

Weird sounds, exploding head syndrome, sleep-paralysis... or simply feeling the 'bed sheets' shrink wrap and tighten around you, floating, sinking..... that is just the start of what I have experienced.

It's fun though... don't get me wrong. But it took a while to get over those weird sensations.

I still don't WILD at will, but get all of the above and more from time to time just before a very intense lucid dream.

Long story short, there are MANY things that can happen and scare the bejeezus out of you, but it is all part of the learning curve and take pride in the fact that most people don't get to experience this at all.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”