WILD + Sleep paralysis question

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Durum

WILD + Sleep paralysis question

Postby Durum » 15 Jul 2011 13:47

Hi,

I have lucid dreams all the time but I wanted to try something new, so:

Yesterday I felt like taking a efternoon nap and decided to try out the WILD technique.
I was really relaxed, after a while I exerienced hypnogia (saw some pictures, short "movie clips" and colors flashing before my closed eyes). I tryed to follow the pictures and suddenly (slowly) my body fell asleep, but my mind did not.
Then the vibrations and humming noices started (Ive experienced those before many times, but not caus I tryed a WILD. Before I read about this I have been having som problems with my body falling asleep before my mind does when Im trying to get normal sleep).
I experienced some kind of sleep paralysis. But my mind was blank. It was just empty, the pictures etc had stopped. I may have focused on the vibrations to much...
Usually when the vibrations start Im starting to wake my body up right away, caus I didnt know what it was. This time I waited for a while, but got scared and my heart beat went up, could have been 20 seconds or a few minutes... nothing happened so I started to wake my body up, took about 5-10 seconds until I could move...

Ive heard that in this state you can induce a lucid dream...?

Now to the questions:
Did I do anyting wrong exept getting scared/not relaxed?
What should I do when the vibrations start?
How long does the vibrations go on?
How do I induce a dream in that state?

Sorry IF my english is bad, haha.
I did not choose to have lucid dreams, I was born this way... hell yeah, score!!

rdubya

Re: WILD + Sleep paralysis question

Postby rdubya » 15 Jul 2011 15:42

Your English is excellent =)

No need to get excited or panick next time, try to calm yourself when it happens so your heart rate doesn't increase. It is all normal. I recommend going with it and see if you can invision yourself "climbing" out of your body, perhaps climbing a rope. If nothing is coming to your mind, you may be sleeping even thought it feels like you are awake. Just let your mind do its thing. It is like when you realize you are breathing, you can control it, but 99.9% of the time you just let it do its thing.

So all in all, stay with it, stay calm, and let the good times ride =)

Durum

Postby Durum » 15 Jul 2011 17:31

Thanks for the reply!

Okey, next time I will try to wait longer until something happens. And I will also try to climb a rope or something like that, good advices!

But what about the vibrations and noices? How long can it take until they stop?

I mean, how long can I be in that strange state where my mind is all blank and everyting is vibrating etc?
Its not a fun place to be in, imo. Maby I just need to get use to it, haha.
I did not choose to have lucid dreams, I was born this way... hell yeah, score!!

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 15 Jul 2011 19:47

When the vibrations start, start visioning yourself leaving your body. Next thing you know you will be having an Out of Body Experience. It is the transition state of your mind in your physical body to ,well, outside your body! You turned the engine key, now you just got to put it in drive instead of sitting in neutral!

Goodluck, keep us posted.

Durum

Postby Durum » 15 Jul 2011 21:23

Thanks. After your advices I think I get how to do it. At least I have a clue

Ive been asking about how long the vibrations will be there just 'cause Ive heard that they come in waves or something. They come, they stop, they come back etc. I dont know if its true.

I dont know when I have the time to try this but I will post an update/results as soon as I get the chance to try again.

Return to “For Beginners”