2nd night, rough time sleeping

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

2nd night, rough time sleeping

Postby Savorrow » 15 Nov 2012 17:36

Hello everyone. I know it may be soon, but I just woke up from my second night of attempted lucid dreaming. Unfortunately to no avail as of yet, but its only been 2 nights.

Is it normal for me to have terrible sleep while I get the hang of things? I find myself waking up a lot, and having a really hard time getting to sleep, like 2 hours. I am pretty sure its because I have pretty much become hyper aware of the feeling of falling into sleep and my mind screws it up. So ... is this normal? I feel exhausted yesterday and today. I got maybe 3 hours of sleep, however the dreams I have had the past 2 nights have been brilliantly vivid and easy for me to remember.

Re: 2nd night, rough time sleeping

Postby HAGART » 16 Nov 2012 00:16

I find sleep deprivation produces better dreams. Especially REM deprivation.

I only ever had a lucid dream as my first dream ONCE. Then after that I slept normally and it was hard to remember.

Most lucid dreams happen in the early hours of the morning for me and for most. I think that is why the "wake bad to bed" method is the most useful.

Get your first deep sleep out of the way, and then wake up and get up and do something, anything, to wake yourself up consciously. Rolling over and going back to sleep again doesn't work as well. Then, dream away or attempt a WILD at that time. Not right away.

That is my two cents about it.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “For Beginners”