lucid dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

lucid dreams

Postby i_am_adreamer7 » 20 Nov 2012 04:30

I am was just wondering if i had a lucid dream, i had a dream that i was in a library studying i don't know what for but i was just studying an then for some reason i went in a room with other people sat and started studying again, then the lights went off and the library instucture came and told us not to worry so i didn't and then there was a killer in the library and he started killing everybody with me. then a couple weeks later the i had the same dream but this time i recognized were i was, i was doing homework again but this time i was trying to leave but for some reason i couldn't, i had to finish my homework even though i knew what was going on. then i went to the other room with some people and the same thing happened the lights went off and the room instructure came out to tell us not to worry but in my mind i knew what was going to happen but i didn't want it to happen then i woke up just before anything happened.was that a lucid dream or not??????

Re: lucid dreams

Postby lumencryster » 21 Nov 2012 18:20

its impossible to know if you had a lucid dream based on what happened in the dream(to my knowledge). what i can tell you is lucidity has to do with how much of a grasp you have on being in a dream while you're dreaming. even if you think something is just weird, but you don't actually "realize" that you're dreaming, that can count as having some(almost none in my eyes) lucidity. if you don't know, i would just say relax, practice meditation, reality checks, and whatever else helps you be aware of your inner environment every day and you'll gain a much better understanding of your experiences.

Re: lucid dreams

Postby Summerlander » 23 Nov 2012 23:37

If you didn't know that you were dreaming and yet some sort of déjà vu or recalled sequence of events from previous dreaming came to mind which matched the present situation, then no, you were NOT lucid dreaming.

Despite the recurrent theme (and potential dream sign, mind you) the current situation was still taken to be real (unless I misunderstood you). How much of "what was going on" did you know? On what level?

Becoming lucid while dreaming is unmistakable. The realisation of dreaming is quite profound, often a sense of freedom is experienced, the dream environment often comes into focus, and, as your critical mental faculties come together, you attain full consciousness and self-awareness. You are no longer deceived by the nature of what you perceive and you become well aware of the fact that your physical body lies asleep in bed. Meanwhile, perception tells you that you are somewhere else and often possessing another body of the same nature as this new reality before you.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”