I keep getting stuck!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mastermind

I keep getting stuck!

Postby mastermind » 16 Dec 2012 07:58

As i am getting better at it, and as my dreams get more lucid, ive run into a new problem. what once was easy for me to fly through a wall, and fly in general, has suddenly become a road block in my lucid dreams. i become lucid, but i often find myself surrounded by four walls. how boring. and when i try to simple walk through a wall like i have done many times in the past, i get stuck and quickly get frustrated and wake up!

any advice on how to get past this? flying is also tough, i find i cant fly sometimes, even though i flew fine in the past. i think its cuz im more lucid now but its causing many dreams to end early, or atleast makes them much less productive. currently i accept the limitations and just walk everywhere, and look for a door to get out.

HAGART

Re: I keep getting stuck!

Postby HAGART » 17 Dec 2012 04:01

In my experience, the more vivid the lucid dream, the harder it is to do extraordinary things. I can barely fly at all in lucid dreams and when vivid it is impossible and gravity is all too real. All I can do is jump really high, but gravity always wins. And walls that I could otherwise pass through or mentally tear down are as solid as waking life when the dream is extremely vivid. When it feels real, it becomes real and it is hard to convince myself to do things that are not physically possible.

I have also become lucid in rooms no bigger than an elevator and trapped. I am fully aware and there is extreme vividness, but the world is only a few square feet and I can't for the life of me get out. It happens sometimes.

I don't know the solution myself, but I have been there. Some would say it is a mental block and it certainly is, but what exactly is stopping us and how to we overcome it? It can also be describe as intent and sheer will and just knowing what we want to achieve is possible. But it's easier said than done.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”