Help

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Doctortony

Help

Postby Doctortony » 16 Dec 2012 18:01

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am a natural dreamer, and I've had lucid dreams in the past, some of them exquisitely real. Unfortunately, I also get the occasional sleep paralysis. A couple of weeks ago I had an intense auditory hallucination of someone whispering in my ear and then building up to a shout. This happened 3 times, with 3 different people. It was so perturbing that I had no logical explanation for it (now I know of SP).

I actually just had a dream last night. As I began to realize that it was not reality, I tried to control it but suddenly snapped out of it into an SP. This time it was a loud buzzing sound; it was terrifying. I know that lucid dreams often proceed SP, but I just couldn't get back to sleep, my palpitations were roaringly loud.

I've never experienced a physical hallucination, and don't intend to. I wear a hat over my eyes, and never open them if I get an auditory one.

As someone who is attempting to try out methods of lucidating, how often do SP's occur for you? I do not suffer from narcolepsy or any other formal sleep disturbances, and SPs are very rare for me. So rare, that I attributed the first SP as a schizophrenic event.

I have genuine fears of attempting to lucid dream, and would love someone experienced to confirm whether I should attempt to do so or not.

LCDAnthony

Re: Help

Postby LCDAnthony » 16 Dec 2012 20:35

Vibrations are natural as far as I know and learned. You shouldn't be scared of something like SP, but embrace it! Let it take its course. Let the vibrations do its thing, it means a dream is nearly there.

I'm learning how to Lucid Dream, and only have been for a little more than a month and a half but this is from what I learned and experienced. Have fun!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Dec 2012 20:50

I've had quite a few lucid dreams in the last year since I started. SP is rare for me to experience, usually after waking up and it seems to be more like a mental block because I can actually move if desired. The SP feeling itself is an uncomfortable distraction for me and I don't like it. Haven't learned to focus when it's there. I Can usually handle the weird sounds and flashing images going by although they can definitely freak you out at times. That stuff is generally very interesting to watch and listen to because you never know what's going to happen. I've even had tastes go by, that's really weird.

Anyway, it's all O.K., safe and natural, just have to prepare yourself mentally for the trip which can be very disorienting.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Dec 2012 04:21

Sometimes in the night after a lucid dream or just seemingly out of the blue after going back to sleep in the night, I feel the symptoms of sleep paralysis, hear buzzing, voices, doors slamming, sinking.... you name it! When this first started to happen to me back in October 2011, I was perturbed by it as well. I knew it was a dream, but I experienced an evil shadow entity that would torment me sometimes and the fear was real. It doesn't always turn to fear and the buzzing sound is common and is just a neutral droning sound that is neither scary no joyful. Just let it be and it is what it is.

I actually wrote about an experience I had this morning about SP and shared it in the 'Share your lucid Dreams' forum. I think it was called, "My explanation for scary sleep paralysis". And it was certainly a weird one and I thought I had seen it all!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”