WBTB is amazing but i can't sleep when i try it!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lightjuka

WBTB is amazing but i can't sleep when i try it!

Postby Lightjuka » 17 Dec 2012 13:57

Beginners always have questions right? Around two weeks of attempts to LD with the MILD and nothing changed, but i discovered the WBTB method, and i've heard it is amazing! I've tried it 3 times, i wake up 2 hours before my normal time, and i stay awake for 20-30 mins, and i do a reality check each 5 mins, and i consider myself as if i was dreaming, the first time i tried i was able to sleep again, and had a very vivid, and probably almost lucid dream (If you want to see the dream, it is in other of my posts) but the others, i can't sleep at all! My mind just doesn't relax... What can i do to sleep? I really want to know because it sounds to work for me.
Thats it! I hope it get awnsered, anyone? :D
Somewhere where everything is possible? Yes it exists, where is it? Inside each of us

Dream_Wolf

Re: WBTB is amazing but i can't sleep when i try it!

Postby Dream_Wolf » 23 Dec 2012 21:24

Lightjuka wrote:Beginners always have questions right? Around two weeks of attempts to LD with the MILD and nothing changed, but i discovered the WBTB method, and i've heard it is amazing! I've tried it 3 times, i wake up 2 hours before my normal time, and i stay awake for 20-30 mins, and i do a reality check each 5 mins, and i consider myself as if i was dreaming, the first time i tried i was able to sleep again, and had a very vivid, and probably almost lucid dream (If you want to see the dream, it is in other of my posts) but the others, i can't sleep at all! My mind just doesn't relax... What can i do to sleep? I really want to know because it sounds to work for me.
Thats it! I hope it get awnsered, anyone? :D

that is some amazing stuff there!! :D so with me, i learned its the BEST to wake up when your most vividest dreams happen, and for me, mine is at 3-4 am (where i have the most vividest dreams) and i also have problems where i cant go back to sleep and after watching a documantry of selitonin amd melitonin, i learned that 1. you just ly on your bed and DO NOT MOVE. just will very easily slip into your REM sleep. (i did this one day and it worked XD but i ended up falling asleep.) and 2. if you wanna wake up, do it only for like 10-17 minutes because your phisical body moves, the "sleep chemicals" will go away and it will be FOREVER till you go back to sleep. and one more tip: NEVER EVER OPEN AND ELECTRONIC WITH LIGHTS. it may sound funny but your melintonin (i think) will go away ad melintonin is a chemical that helps you fall asleep so if you disrupt it, say good bye to your sleep XDDD so, yeah XD hope this helped!!

Lightjuka

Postby Lightjuka » 24 Dec 2012 13:30

It helped! How amazing! Thank you! Who knows i might post in the session of "Share your Lucid Dreams" Soon? :D
Somewhere where everything is possible? Yes it exists, where is it? Inside each of us

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Dec 2012 03:50

I have had many lucid dreams, but still I CAN'T SLEEP IF I TRY TO SLEEP. It's a catch 22. I don't sleep unless i get lost in my mind and then just sleep which comes so natural and I don't realize that I lost consciousness until after I wake up.

BUT WBTB does work well for me. I go back to sleep and even if I am not lucid the dreams are far more refreshing and vivid. And sometimes I am lucid, but for me, it is never from the get go, and a DILD as it is called.

So WBTB works well in my opinion, but on the other hand if I am too conscious while trying to sleep I can't. But when I do, I tend to figure out some anomaly in the dream more easily and become lucid more often after a period of being awake. But even if you don't get a lucid dream, I recommend it because I always wake up more refreshed in the morning after a little break in the middle of the sleep cycle.

I've been trying to WILD lately and it has led to feelings of disappointment, but I have to remember, It's just sleep and you can't FORCE anything.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Dec 2012 07:19

if I have a mad head on me that just wont shutup then i will sometimes count back from 100, inhale and count 100, out and inhale and count 99.

For me the magic is around 70 and i will often go to sleep so at about 75 I stop and start again. All this relaxes me and keeps me alert for when the HI starts to form up.

If nothing works then its one of those nights and I get up and so something and write the night off
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Lightjuka

Postby Lightjuka » 30 Dec 2012 14:15

Thank you all for awnsering! All the awnsers helped! I think from now and on i will stay awake only around 15 or 20 minutes, so i dont get totally aware, then it will be easier to sleep, and i will try to let it come naturally too.

Return to “For Beginners”