Is this a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Is this a lucid dream?

Postby kyashi » 20 Dec 2012 19:04

I have a re-occuring dream. There is a star wars type glider on the ground, the area is full of sand and the sand is smooth. The entire time there is an eye in the sky watching. And I believe this could be me, watching the dream. Soon the sand gets bumpy and the sand dunes grow from small to very high.

I have noticed that this specific dream happens usually right before something bad in my life happens. But looking back on it now I can see things in my waking life that I may have missed. Now they make sense, before the bad thing happens, I don't notice any of it. Just the dream.

Now, is this considered lucid since I believe I'm they eye and I'm watching the dream? I remember thinking that I am the eye while I'm dreaming.

Re: Is this a lucid dream?

Postby Summerlander » 20 Dec 2012 20:39

There is a catch here. You may remember that the eye relates to dreaming but did you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you were dreaming at the time? An optimal lucid dream is one where you know that you are dreaming and experience full consciousness and self-awareness in that dissociative state. A lucid dream also allows you a degree of control and you don't have to follow the dream world's flow of events but create your own instead. There should be no doubt when you become lucid, it should hit you, shock you and the dream world is soon perceived in realistic spatiality. It feels real but you know its a grand illusion and you have the memory of your waking life and know that you are really lying in bed asleep.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”