ANY ADVICE PLEASE ON EATING IN LUCID DREAMS?!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mastermind

ANY ADVICE PLEASE ON EATING IN LUCID DREAMS?!

Postby mastermind » 24 Dec 2012 16:42

Eating in lucid dreams is something I'd like to learn how to improve. I want it to feel more real, more intense. Any advice on how to create that realism of eating so it can feel like eating in real life? So far it's been pretty unsatisfying. I know that everything requires practice, and I'm going to spend my lucid dream time exclusively on eating, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips, or advice on things I could do to improve the experience. BTW what is most unsatisfying isn't the taste. I can taste the food, but I don't feel the texture, the mouthfeel. It's almost like eating air instead of something solid. And I don't feel it being swallowed and going down my throat.

One thing I've been doing is looking at alot of pictures of food taken by 'foodies' for inspiration. food for thought ;)

lucidinthe sky

Re: ANY ADVICE PLEASE ON EATING IN LUCID DREAMS?!

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Dec 2012 00:56

Would suggest you focus on and become more aware of the things in waking life that you want to experience in the dreams. While you are eating in waking life try to deepen your experience of it. All the experiences we create in dreams are learned from waking life as far as I can tell. I don't have much experience with eating in dreams, but some. I know from just a few experiences that you can have very intense taste experiences in dreams, as much or even more than waking life. Had one this week where I took a bite of a lemon thinking it probably wouldn't taste like much since it was a dream. Talk about a surprise! It was the most intense, sour but very flavorful lemon ever, the flavor of it stayed around for quite a while after too. I also had the best cup of coffee ever in one of my dreams. It was incredibly real and perfect flavor.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Jan 2013 04:16

I agree that the food I eat in lucid dreams taste just fine, but there is no mouth-feel, and sometimes it is barely even visual. I once conjured a pizza on the ground and it was about 5 feet in diameter. And I dove in and ate it with my mouth only; no hands! But the toppings were just transparent blobs of color, yellow and green. (must have been my subconscious idea of bell peppers). But the pizza tasted like just a plain cheese pizza and the most basis idea of a pizza with no texture.

So how would one intensify food in a dream? I actually haven't thought about it until now. I suppose if you can awaken your senses in a lucid dream by acknowledging them such has touching things to wake up your tactile senses, the same can be done with your mouth and nose. Start smelling things to get your olfactory senses started, then instead of touching something, lick something. Don't taste it, but feel it with your tongue. Gnaw on something. Swallow your own saliva. Now with your mouth in full working order, put it all together and actually eat something. Or do all that with a hunk of lucid-dream-food first before chowing down on it, to get all the senses working first so it would feel more real. That's what I would do, and now that I think about it, I will try it sometime!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

mastermind

Postby mastermind » 01 Jun 2013 03:25

lucidinthe sky wrote:Would suggest you focus on and become more aware of the things in waking life that you want to experience in the dreams. While you are eating in waking life try to deepen your experience of it. All the experiences we create in dreams are learned from waking life as far as I can tell. I don't have much experience with eating in dreams, but some. I know from just a few experiences that you can have very intense taste experiences in dreams, as much or even more than waking life. Had one this week where I took a bite of a lemon thinking it probably wouldn't taste like much since it was a dream. Talk about a surprise! It was the most intense, sour but very flavorful lemon ever, the flavor of it stayed around for quite a while after too. I also had the best cup of coffee ever in one of my dreams. It was incredibly real and perfect flavor.

good advice. thanks. i have been doing those things, i think your 100% correct. food is becoming better in my dreams. when i eat i focus on all the sensations besides taste because thats what makes eating enjoyable, if you only taste but dont feel or smell or swallow the food something is missing. (thats why i hate chewing gum)

and i know what u mean about the lemon. dream food can surprise. i try and think of it now as not being a challenge. im not fighting for an experience, they just happen. i have eaten things in dreams that i would not expect to taste so good, and have been amazed. i have had experiences just likes yours, its freaky actually. i also ate a lemon, or some sour fruit, and it was incredible. it was bitter and a bit pungent and tart and slightly sweet, and the best thing i ever tasted, or so i thought in the dream anyway. same thing with coffee, and i dont even like coffee (how do you explain that?). weird. mostly my dream food takes on fantasy shapes, something you may see in harry potter or some fantasy story. the image of the food is always the best part. i just let the tastes surprise me. mostly i focus on the feeling of swallowing the food cuz thats the part that is usually missing. i think thats cuz i have a preconceived notion in my mind because of all the normal dreams i have had where i was thirsty in my dream because i was thirsty in real life, and i drank water in the dream but found no relief. also when i eat in real dreams i can barely taste or feel the food at all and i cant feel the swallowing of the food at all, quite frustrating, ofcourse now if that happens i know its cause im dreaming and i become lucid.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2013 07:19

Ive never noticed myself having an issue with food texture so I guess that's always been fine for me, I bet now that Ive thought about that I probably will loose texture or something.

Food in dreams is tricky. I once tried to create the most awesome icecream for myself but when I bit into it it was to my surprise bland tasting, I was so disappointed in it that I gave it away then to the DC near me. Ive had some extremely great water thou during a dream, so pure tasting and nice.

I think we just should think about what we are about to eat as being great.. try to get excited about it eatting it and then take a bite and just hope your subconsciousness goes along with what you are thinking.

I havent tried to eat a lemon in a dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”