The dream that brought me here...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jones2013

The dream that brought me here...

Postby jones2013 » 05 Jan 2013 20:57

First, background: My first experience in lucidity was about two years ago when I had a recurring dream that I was at work, but everything was different. One night, I had that dream and I recognized a few minutes in that it was the recurring dream, so I must be dreaming. Since it was a dream, I left work. (As many of you know, just leaving work when you realize it's a dream can be exhilarating.) I guess I wasn't fully lucid, because I was still worried I was going to get in trouble for leaving, and that fear carried over to the waking world for a few minutes before I realized how silly it was. After that, I started researching what had happened to me, and I came across a website for lucid dreaming.

I learned about reality checks, and I started doing the one where I pinch my nose and try to breathe. I did it enough that I did it in a dream. However, when I realized I was dreaming, it freaked me out. I woke up scared, and the experience was enough for me to give up on lucid dreaming all together.

Fast forward to two years later, Wednesday January 2nd, 2013. I had a dream that night that I was on the set of a movie I had worked on a few years ago. Right away I knew something was off, since it has been years since that move wrapped. I immediately wondered if I was dreaming, and I tried my nose test, and it worked! This time, I was excited. Since it wasn't a movie I particularly enjoyed working on, I left. As I walked down the street, I found two girls I know in real life, and I asked them if they wanted to have a 3-way. (Hey, I'm only human.) They said yes, but didn't seem too thrilled about doing it in public on a sidewalk. I asked them if they could teleport us to a hotel room and they said yes. We embraced and all closed our eyes.

I opened my eyes and I was in bed, I was mad at myself for messing up and ending the dream, knowing that closing my eyes and opening them again was a mistake. As I looked around, I realized that it was a false awakening - the bed I had woken up with was in a hotel room with the girls! My Dad was in the room too, but it was a big hotel room and he was on the oposite side packing up his suitcase and leaving, and I knew that since I was dreaming he couldn't see us. I tried to get something going with one of the girls, but she didn't seem into it. (In real life I perceive her as being somewhat asexual.) So I moved on to the 2nd (who I perceive as being more sexual in real life.) Without being too graphic, we did everything, and it felt amazing. I have a girlfriend in real life (who also knows these girls,) but I never worried about betraying her or her finding out because I knew it was a dream.

I then had a 2nd dream. (I don't remember any transition between the two.) This time, I was in my apartment with my girlfriend, but it looked totally different. I found a big cake in the cabinet (the kind they sell at the supermarket) that I didn't remember buying, and I wondered again if I was still dreaming. I did my nose reality check and once again I knew I was dreaming. I announced to my girlfriend that since I was dreaming I was going to eat the entire cake. She was very concerned that I was going to get sick if I ate the whole thing, but I did it anyway, continually reassuring her that I was dreaming so it was okay. (I think I did the nose check every time too, just to be sure.)

And that was it! Again without being to graphic, there was physical evidence of the sexual dream when I woke up. :P

As you could imagine, this completely reignited my interest in lucid dreaming. (I could have that exact dream repeated every night and die a happy man) I found this website and purchased the beginner course. I have absolutely zero experience meditating, so I am a little nervous about if it is going to work out for me in the long run. Wish me luck!!!

EDIT: Added the year to my recent dream

Return to “For Beginners”