Back where I began

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Worldenterer1

Back where I began

Postby Worldenterer1 » 08 Jan 2013 02:16

Well, I've been using this website and learning to lucid dream for about 1.5 years now. Around half a year in, I got my first lucid dream and began building my skills up. Then school started up again. I got less sleep which began hindering my ability to lucid dream and eventually even have trouble remembering my dreams. From that day till now, has been a steady decline. Today, I cannot remember a single dream I have, and haven't had a lucid dream in many months. It is so frustrating, but the only person I have to blame is myself.

Starting tonight, I'm putting my foot down and really trying again.

Any tips or ideas on how to stay motivated are welcome.

P.S. Has anyone else ever had a problem where you get up, but are so brain dead and tired that you completely forget to record any dreams?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Back where I began

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Jan 2013 02:21

The best advice I can offer is: I'm putting my foot down and really trying again.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Jan 2013 05:54

Worldenterer1 wrote:Today, I cannot remember a single dream I have,

I experienced this recently over the Christmas holidays. I was sleeping on the floor to make room for company, and every morning I 'snapped wide awake', hearing the voices of family down stairs and wondering where the hell I was. Then I would think, "oh yea, I remember now. This is where I am sleeping and this is what is going on..." And after I realized what was happening in the waking world I just couldn't remember where I was no more than ten seconds ago! I knew I was in a dream, but what and where?!??!?

So for myself, I realized that good dream recall requires a slow transition from sleep to wakefulness. It can take a period of 'half-asleep'. Works for me anyway. But that is just dream recall. What about that darned elusive lucid dream!

I say, forget about it!. Don't let it mind you. Become re-acquainted with an old friend: dreams in general. They are fun too, don't forget. And with a vast memory of recent dreams on your mind as you drift off to have another one, becoming lucid is bound to happen eventually.

If lucid once you will be lucid again.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Jan 2013 06:00

Worldenterer1 wrote:P.S. Has anyone else ever had a problem where you get up, but are so brain dead and tired that you completely forget to record any dreams?

I don't forget, but I am so lazy I don't bother sometimes. I might jot down a few words later in the day, but it is pointless because those few notes I take mean nothing to me after a week. If I am not going to record my dream properly I shouldn't do it at all. SO Yea, sometimes I am too lazy to do it, but always wish I HAD.

I should start that up again and 'put my foot down!'

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Jan 2013 23:33

(I want to delete this message, but for some reason that option is gone. Ignore this.)
Last edited by HAGART on 13 Jan 2013 00:48, edited 2 times in total.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 11 Jan 2013 06:13

Thanks for the tips and motivation guys. I haven't remembered any dreams so far, but this weekend, I'm going to. I have to.

Once you have experienced lucid or vivid dreaming, you have gotten an unforgettable taste of what is possibly by simply lying your head on a pillow.

I will never back down. I will never give up on relearning this. I'll relearn it 500 times if I have to!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Jan 2013 18:31

Yes. Once you've had the experience, there's no going back.

The problem for me has been my expectations of it getting at least a little easier since a year ago when I had my first LD. Maybe it is a little easier, but not much and still requires a lot of strong will and determination, not taking no for an answer. Often that's the only way for me to do it, anything less than full-on determination to succeed doesn't work. Anyway, it sounds like you have the right attitude and you will succeed.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 22 Jan 2013 19:23

I know this sounds like an impossible question, but is there a way to wake up in time to go places in the morning, without using an alarm clock. I feel like my alarm always jolts me awake and prevents me from remembering anything. In the summer, when I didn't need to wake up for school, I could remember more dreams by waking up slowly, when my body was ready to.

Return to “For Beginners”