Back in Business?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lodestar

Back in Business?

Postby lodestar » 10 Jan 2013 19:53

Hi all!

Two days ago, I found an article concerning lucid dreaming that caught my attention. I knew what it was all about because I used to have lucid dreams when I was a kid (or something similar to them). I was able to know I was dreaming so I could wake up from a nightmare. At the beginning of my teenage years, I had a few control experiences. I remember that dream where I spontaneously became lucid while falling from the top of a rollercoaster. I modified the ground behavior so it would not hurt me, but instead deform itself like a trampoline. Then I began to travel by bouncing on the ground. I must say those dreams were not as vivid as people on this site suggest though.

This all stopped afterwards, and I had no other experiences for years. Until two nights ago, after reading that article. I was in a white place with some unknown people around me when something weird happened (I don’t remember what exactly). As I could not understand it, I told to myself “My dream: 1, me: 0”. Then it hit me: “I’m dreaming!” I kissed the girl who was next to me (lol) and I woke up.

Am I likely to have more of these now that I have a better idea of what they are? I’m not sure I want to provoke these dreams with techniques suggested on this site (I’m not that interested in these sleep paralysis things), but I sure would like these spontaneous dreaming realisations become more frequent!

This is a very nice site by the way :)

Summerlander

Re: Back in Business?

Postby Summerlander » 10 Jan 2013 22:28

For frequent spontaneous realisations, MILD is probably what you are looking for. You should also look into sensory amplification techniques in order to prolong and intensify your lucid stay in the dream world. The more aware you are of your senses and the perception of dream environments, in other words consciously aware in all things perceived (including what you try to perceive in expectation), the more impact the lucid experience will have and the longer the state.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lodestar

Re: Back in Business?

Postby lodestar » 12 Jan 2013 16:11

Thank you for the answer! I read about MILD and will give it a try.

When I fall asleep, be it in my bed or in the bus, if often notice that my thoughts begin to be mixed up, they'll construct something from two or three other things that have no logical link between them. When I'm aware of this happening, is this what is called the hypnagogic state or is it not related at all? Can a LD be induced from that point?

Return to “For Beginners”