Any tips?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
disneylover

Any tips?

Postby disneylover » 17 Jan 2013 22:02

I've been trying the WILD technique since I read how to do it about 3 days ago, and a different form of it I learned a long time ago but I only tried that one a handful of times, and I can't seem to get it to work. I don't really have the memory to do reality checks, and I can't put real feeling into the 'am i dreaming?" part of it. The problem is, I can't seem to get it to work! I don't even get to the hypnagogic state. I start to see colors but then I get excited and it just goes away :/. I focus for a while but then my thoughts start to wander, but I bring myself back to it telling myself to focus and I visualize a dream again, but I always fall asleep before I cross over.

Any advice on how to cross over into the dream? Thanks in advance.

Additional info:

My best sense when visualizing is hearing. I can't seem to 'see' it very well. I get flashed images but it's hard to keep the picture. I imagine hearing sounds of a forest (where I want to start my LD) and then try to imagine grass underfoot and stuff.

Return to “For Beginners”