new here need tips!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mikebox

new here need tips!

Postby mikebox » 18 Jan 2013 13:59

okay so i've been attempting to "lucid" dream for a little over a week now. i know, not very long but i've been going hard at it reality checking constantly, i even bought some choline which is supposed to help with dream recall, melatonin to help me fall asleep cause my mind tends to keep me up, and some calea zacatechichi which I've smoked and drank the tea every night since I got it, it's very relaxing. I even stopped smoking mj(which is saying something!) because I heard that a common withdrawal symptom is vivid dreaming. now the reason I put lucid in quotes is because I've really been more focused on actually RECALLING my dreams, cause that seems pretty important in order to lucid dream :roll:.

I'm actually very surprised how hard it is for me. the only dreams I could remember were ones after I woke up, went back to sleep and woke up an hour or two later, and I've recorded all of these in my journal, about 5 dreams so far. but no matter how hard I try or no matter when I set my alarm to wake me up, my mind is just blank in the morning. I'm putting it in my head all night that I will dream and remember my dreams when I wake and the second I wake up I ask myself what did I dream about? nothing ever comes up if I don't go back to sleep in the morning. and when I dream in the morning I'm almost always waking up mid-dream or right after so it's not that impressive that I can remember.. so my question is WHY is my dream recall so terrible when it seems most people can do it effortlessly and what can I do to improve my recall and start lucid dreaming? PREFERABLY without going back to sleep every morning because that just makes me sleep later and it throws off my sleep schedule that much more so it's harder for me to sleep the next night. any help is appreciated :D

mikebox

Re: new here need tips!

Postby mikebox » 19 Jan 2013 18:09

anyone?

clown

Postby clown » 20 Jan 2013 05:42

Im no expert but i'll try to help. Have u tried to just sleep without thinking about dream recall? For me I can remember almost every dream that I have since the past few years. Every night when I go to sleep I didn't tell myself that I will remember my dreams. I just remember them when I wake up. So I'm guessing that u might be trying too hard. I've read somewhere in this forum that you shouldn't think about success or failure or Watever. U just do it. I've been trying many different methods to lucid dream for the past few weeks but doesn't seem to work prolly cos I'm trying too hard. Nonetheless just try and continue wat you're doing and observe any changes that comes along, hopefully.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mikebox

Postby mikebox » 22 Jan 2013 05:04

that's a new one, thanks i'll try not to worry about it too much.

Return to “For Beginners”