Newbie here.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Vaellian

Newbie here.

Postby Vaellian » 23 Jan 2013 00:39

Hello, i'm a 20 year old college student, just a little about me if it helps anything

I've been Trying... key word there. to have a lucid dream and to remember my dreams for some time now. 5+ months. i have written down dreams but i have a very hard time remembering them. sometimes i go on a streak and have these very vivid memory of them for a few days. then it just vanishes for weeks on end.

I am pretty good at Reality checking thought the day and i have noticed that i even do them subconsciously now during my day. i'll be doing busy work then out of nowhere it shoots into my head. i get the idea to do a reality check and become more self-aware for that moment.

Also i think i have some anxiety about dreaming. i assume it's just the sleep paralysis or the weird/trippiness from going from one consciousness to the other. i guess you could say I'm scared of the actual physical feelings either imaginary or not of actually falling asleep and shifting minds.

I have tried some lucid dreaming Tones and those just increase my anxiety because now i feel that much closer to it so i get scared. i also get paranoid about demons and such but i dismiss that easily. my heart starts going a few beats quicker. which causes me to panic because idk why it's happening so i think im unhealthy and going to have a heart attack or something.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any tips/help you give :)

erichsa

Re: Newbie here.

Postby erichsa » 23 Jan 2013 19:43

Look and read what other people say to get the fear out of your mind. You will read that you might be be harmed and harm other people IN ÝOUR DREAM. But you will wake up unharmed,and the dream might have told you something about yourself. I found with patience,but never let go,that my dreams became more positive and clearer. One out of body,plus begining now to have short lucid dreams. It is not smooth sailing I have days with no dream recall,or I am to leasy to get up and write my dreams down. I cant demand or comand to become Lucid.Learning using what you think is your way, change, and change again if it does not work, but without strain. You will succeed :)

Return to “For Beginners”