For those who LD, I have a quick question..

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LCDAnthony

For those who LD, I have a quick question..

Postby LCDAnthony » 09 Feb 2013 19:14

This question goes to those who can Lucid Dream.

How long did it take for you to have your first Lucid Dream?

I've been going for my first Lucid Dream for about 3 months now, I've been working hard every single day for one, I stick to my routine. I haven't been doing crazy stuff/trying to hard and so forth.

I meditate, do self-hypnosis, (I switch on and off between those two every couple days), I do the MILD technique and the WBTB.

Do YOU suggest I do WILD? I've felt kind of intimidated by it, I don't know why I don't do it.
Thanks

Peter

Re: For those who LD, I have a quick question..

Postby Peter » 09 Feb 2013 19:56

Try everything but make sure the intent is very strong but also relax a little and give it the chance to happen
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

kyle8812

Postby kyle8812 » 09 Feb 2013 20:52

Are you doing enough reality checks? That can be a major hurdle. When you first start out you're suppose to do more reality checks than a veteran so you can more easily detect if you are dreaming. I like to question if i am dreaming every time I open a door as my reality check. Best wishes!

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 09 Feb 2013 21:07

Thank you guys!

Kyle, I do about 15+ a day, sometimes a little more than 20. Thanks man!

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2013 21:18

LCDAnthony wrote:This question goes to those who can Lucid Dream.

How long did it take for you to have your first Lucid Dream?

I've been going for my first Lucid Dream for about 3 months now, I've been working hard every single day for one, I stick to my routine. I haven't been doing crazy stuff/trying to hard and so forth.

I meditate, do self-hypnosis, (I switch on and off between those two every couple days), I do the MILD technique and the WBTB.

Do YOU suggest I do WILD? I've felt kind of intimidated by it, I don't know why I don't do it.
Thanks

I've been having projections (lucid dreams) for as long as I can remember. I'm 33 now and it started as a small child. I had what I called "dreams that I knew I was dreaming". That was the best way I could describe it at the time. Now I realize that they're projections, but that's a story for another time. :)

Throughout my life, they have been natural and spontaneous for me. Starting when I was around 14 - 15, I began my spiritual journey, and ever since then my spontaneous projections have only increased. For a time I focused almost solely upon practicing my projections. Now-a-days I've almost all but stopped actively practicing projections, but I still have many spontaneous ones due to my spiritual growth.

WILD's are a solid method for projecting. I suggest just trying the different forms of initiating lucid dreams until you happen upon one that works best. I DO however suggest learning meditation... it will help you with all forms of lucid dreaming. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 09 Feb 2013 21:27

I do have to work on my Meditating... Thanks Ryan! I wish I could be a natural Lucid Dreamer, that would be fantastic!

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2013 21:52

LCDAnthony wrote:I do have to work on my Meditating... Thanks Ryan! I wish I could be a natural Lucid Dreamer, that would be fantastic!

Then you'll be happy to hear that everyone IS a natural experiencer in these things.
Most people just need to stop getting in the way of the experience.

We're all consciousness... and it's all our very birthright to experience the larger reality in all its consciousnessy glory. :)

But yeah, working on meditation alone is probably one of the single best ways to help yourself with your projection goals.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 04:00

umm I cant remember how long it took me.. a few days to a few months. Somewhere there. I think i may of had a LD quite fast but then took a time to have another.

It was quite a long time ago I started working on lucid dreaming. I used the WBTB technique and doing a lot of meditation too eg MILD.. Once I got the hang of it it became not too hard to do. Once I stopped doing it and lost interest for years.. I lost my ability to do things the way I was before.. one gets out of practice one could say.. I can no longer meditate well and still my mind so rather just like to let my thoughts rapidly flow..

Now I think the technique Im using may be WILD (im not used to the abbreviations). I currently do a mantra over and over.. raise energy (which isnt hard if one is sensitive to that) then just shut my eyes and go into a LD. This technique is far easier for me to get working then the other techniques eg MILD and WBTB. (Incredibly WILD worked first time within 5mins of shutting my eyes when I tried it and works over 50% of the time for me. I wish I'd used this technique originally). wouldnt be able to at all still my mind.. so instead.. i raise energy and just allow my mind to flow whereever it wants, watching out for the shift into a LD then just pull myself into it once I get some signs.

Ive never had reality checking help me to LD (just didnt seem to come into my dreams..maybe I just never did it enough.. I dont know).

If you've tried something for a few months with no outcome. I strongly suggest to try a different method for the next few months (or add more in to whatever you are doing now). Maybe a mantra with a breathing technique and then just shutting your eyes and going for it may be better for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 10 Feb 2013 04:21

I had my first LD in 3 days, but I think I was luckier than most. I have one at least every week... DILD... I would say work on journalling and dream recall. Dont stress about having lucids... When dream recall gets better you will have vivid dreams...some almost as good as lucids. Lucids will come if you work on recall. Avoid intense tv or anything that really gets you focused on some event right before bed. And get lots of sleep. I wake up at 5 for a bathroom break and become half awake...then doze off. Thats my best time.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 04:25

rothgar wrote:I had my first LD in 3 days, but I think I was luckier than most. I have one at least every week... DILD... I would say work on journalling and dream recall. Dont stress about having lucids... When dream recall gets better you will have vivid dreams...some almost as good as lucids. Lucids will come if you work on recall. Avoid intense tv or anything that really gets you focused on some event right before bed. And get lots of sleep. I wake up at 5 for a bathroom break and become half awake...then doze off. Thats my best time.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

You probably were LDing all along but just not aware of it. Id think that would be quite common thing with many having them just not remembering them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”