For those who LD, I have a quick question..

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
the.hatter

Re: For those who LD, I have a quick question..

Postby the.hatter » 28 Feb 2013 19:48

Have you had your first LD yet?

I'm new, and my two week wait for my first LD seems like nothing compared to your wait. Stay positive and determined! I've read from several members that the first one can be the most difficult one, and likely you'll have your second, third LD soon after.

nikolaset

Postby nikolaset » 28 Feb 2013 21:19

Hi there, it's actually all in your mind...I had my 1st LD at day #1 and it was a good LD not just a quick flash.So you have to believe, really believe on a subconscious level.I've been interested in LD-ing for 1 month now and I've had 10 or so LD.I hope this gives you ,all who have trouble, hope xD.
Sweet Dreams : )

tea

Postby tea » 01 Mar 2013 11:20

nikolaset wrote:Hi there, it's actually all in your mind...I had my 1st LD at day #1 and it was a good LD not just a quick flash.

same here.
i sometimes had lucid dreams as a child but about a year ago i firstly read about it. the same night i tried WBTB and it worked! i also tried out spinning for dreams stabilisation and flying that night.. pretty neat experience.

then i didn't really care for lucid dreaming for a while since i've had too much going on in my personal life, but since i've started to REALLY practise LD (with a dream journal and stuff) i've had a LD within 3 days..

i guess the most important thing is patience.

something that works for me pretty well is that although every night i'm expecting a lucid dream, i'm not disappointed when it doesn't work out because even normal dreams are a great experience, giving me material to learn an reflect on.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 01 Mar 2013 16:34

the.hatter wrote:Have you had your first LD yet?

I'm new, and my two week wait for my first LD seems like nothing compared to your wait. Stay positive and determined! I've read from several members that the first one can be the most difficult one, and likely you'll have your second, third LD soon after.

I haven't even still. I have no idea why though? I've been trying new things to see if it helps. It does in fact help. Thanks for the support!

nikolaset wrote:Hi there, it's actually all in your mind...I had my 1st LD at day #1 and it was a good LD not just a quick flash.So you have to believe, really believe on a subconscious level.I've been interested in LD-ing for 1 month now and I've had 10 or so LD.I hope this gives you ,all who have trouble, hope xD.
Sweet Dreams : )

Wow... You're lucky! I wish I could do that.
So you're saying if I just believe and expect myself to have a Lucid Dream, I can do it? In that case.. I think might have found my problem

nikolaset

Postby nikolaset » 02 Mar 2013 00:25

Of course you can and as "tea" said, be patient.When you wake up realizing you didn't have a lucid dream don't lose hope, telling yourself that it won't work or you can't do it.Just simple wait till the next night and it eventually will happen.
: ))

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 02 Mar 2013 03:10

I hope this works!! I have never done this so.. crossing my fingers! :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Mar 2013 04:56

Im with what the others said.. I often have LDs when I expect to have them. If you have doubts on your ability to have LDs these doubts may end up making your own subconciousnesses work against you rather then for you. A persons subconciousness can help one if it comes into a dream with a simple question "are I dreaming" or "this is weird"... so you dont want that part of you to be working against you.

Maybe you could be also trying too hard. Also ask yourself why you feel intimidated by WILD? are you believing that you cant LD? If you are having repeated long term failure.. it may be worth while taking a break from this as you may of fallen into a set habit (where you dont LD no matter what you do) and then coming back to it later when you can try to set up a new positive habits to LD (eg positive thoughts of success and maybe try a new method when you come back).

Even those who can LD.. sometimes can go throu periods where it isnt happening.. and I always find it best to take a break from it for a while when that occurs as long term failure (eg 2-3 mths without success) isnt conductive to this. As long as you are getting dream recall happening, it really shouldnt be that hard.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

MattG1116

Postby MattG1116 » 14 Mar 2013 00:22

I'm going to quote Rebecca on this one, don't "ready...fire!,fire!,fire!", instead try, "ready...aim...fire!"

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”