Improved dream control

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kyle8812

Improved dream control

Postby kyle8812 » 16 Feb 2013 10:48

Hey everyone! I joined 2/8/13 and it's now 2/16/13. In this time i have had many vivid dreams, a way higher dream recall rate compared to before using lucid techniques and have had three nights of lucid dreaming. The problem however is I have minimal control and don't stay lucid very long. I'm just curious about how long you think it would take to get good at lucid dreaming. I know i should probably be happy having success this early as average lucidity takes 3-21 days but I'm impatient and like to push myself. Any input from veterans would be appreciated. Best wishes!

kyle8812

Re: Improved dream control

Postby kyle8812 » 16 Feb 2013 12:24

Also spinning doesn't help me stay lucid it just woke me up :s

R99

Postby R99 » 16 Feb 2013 14:49

its about the effort u put in to this mental exercise, if u r looking for the answer about beginner turning in to pro, it varies by person, and u already knows it. i am practicing LD since the end of 2011, but still i am at beginning stage. longest time i stayed in and LD state is like 8 or 10 min ( i guzzzz) if u r really in to it, practice, as long it takes. and one suggestion to stay LD state for longer period is pre-planning of ur dream, bcoz i have this problem, wen i get lucid i have no idea what to do next, :cry: wen u get confuse, ur LD is good as gone, & about spinning technique, i never tried it, coz wen i use sudden movement in my LD i just wakes up from it. in my opinion spinning is only good wen u get gud at LD. gud luck man.. keep dreaming
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Feb 2013 16:21

Maybe try to stabilize the dream by looking at your hand. I used to do that a lot for that reason.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”