Beginner to lucid dreaming and in need of help.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ZxBlackbirdxZ

Beginner to lucid dreaming and in need of help.

Postby ZxBlackbirdxZ » 23 Feb 2013 17:31

Hey guys. I have a couple questions about lucid dreaming that I would like answered.
I have begun attempting to lucid dream five days ago, but to no avail. I started writing in my dream journal 3 days ago. I underline dream signs and draw pictures, but I still can't recognize when I am dreaming. I expect it will take longer than three days, but I would still like any advice.
I have also picked up the WILD technique as my main process to begin lucid dreaming. I do fine until I get to the point where I watch my hypnagogia and try to command it to form different shapes. It just disappears when I do that. So instead, I tried visualizing shapes, getting more and more detailed as I go along. I reach the point where I feel like I am ready to enter the landscape and start dreaming. I feel like I'm shaking around and I get all tingly (for lack of a better word). I get excited because I feel like I'm about to succeed, then I stop and I'm back to where I started because I got too excited. So, my question: How do I stay calm and enter the lucid dream state? Any additional advice would be awesome.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: Beginner to lucid dreaming and in need of help.

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 00:53

How to stay calm?.. lol good question for someone new to this. Calmness often comes naturally after one is not so new to all this, you just learn not to get too excited as you know you will loose it. You may be able to thou maintain calmness by taking slower deeper breaths but I dont know if that will help or hinder, as it could distract you and put your attention on your physical body more. Guess you'll have to try it and see.

I have also picked up the WILD technique as my main process to begin lucid dreaming. I do fine until I get to the point where I watch my hypnagogia and try to command it to form different shapes.

Im curious why you are trying to do that with the hypnagogia?? Have you experimented with staying calm and just watching it instead of trying to make different shapes as you could then find yourself in a LD.. at the point you are at, maybe it would be better just keeping relaxed and seeing where that hypnagogia takes you to, not "trying" do do anything. I suggest to try this. Just leave it be.

If you have already tried that and staying relaxed and just watching hynagogia gets you nowhere eg if you end up falling into an unconsciously not aware sleep instead whenever you try this. Then try to use the hypnagogia to enter into it. Imagine getting closer to it.. going into one of the shapes.

If you can visualise simple shapes.. you may like to try entering into one of the "Tattva" worlds via the corresponding shape. eg red triangle, blue circle, yellow square.. those shapes with those colours are doorways to their own different worlds.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidAcademy

Re: Beginner to lucid dreaming and in need of help.

Postby LucidAcademy » 01 Mar 2013 20:42

Like any activity, the more you do it, the calmer you get. You are having fantastic results for such little time so pat yourself on the back for that.

Lucid dreaming can be like sex. It's natural to get excited, but you also want to stay calm to make it last.

Think of an activity you are good at. Visualize when you are excelling at that activity. You will most likely have a certain calmness. Feel into that calmness. Bring that state of consciousness into your WILD experience.
Get exclusive access to the breakthrough new animated video training course on lucid dreaming. Grab one of the last spots while they are still available → http://LucidAcademy.com/ecourse/lucid-dreaming-mastery

Return to “For Beginners”