How did you have your first fully lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

How did you have your first fully lucid dream?

Postby alissa » 25 Feb 2013 23:12

Ok, first question: So I have had a couple semi-lucid dreams. The reason I thought they were only semi-lucid was because I was like, "Cool, I'm dreaming. Let's fly," and I just sort of flew off without really acknowledging the fact I was in the dream. :( It still looked like a normal dream, like without detail and sort of fuzzy. Is this what a semi- lucid dream is like?

Second question: I have yet to experience a fully lucid dream, and I was wondering, what method did you use to have yours? I've been remembering my dreams a lot more (I remembered 3 last night- my record!! yeah!!), and tried MILD and WBTB but I just fall asleep and I have normal dreams. So what was your first successful method, or what is your most surefire method? Thanks!
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

Re: How did you have your first fully lucid dream?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 26 Feb 2013 02:44

It just happened. I had been practicing reality checks a lot. Those are the key for me. I just noticed something strange and said, "What the hay? Wait a minute!"
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Dark wolf

Re: How did you have your first fully lucid dream?

Postby Dark wolf » 26 Feb 2013 15:56

2 keys things worked really out for me,

Increase my dream awereness
Reality checks and a dream journal

My first FULLY lucid dream? i have 3 so far and the 3th was the most vivid and i had the most awereness. My first one i controlled my dream a little bit but lost it after 1 or 2 minutes.

At my first 2 lucid dreams it was very suddenly that i realised i was dreaming. and at my third one it was really epic! i was really pissed, i let my mom down and was with my hands in my hair and looked in the mirror and was suddely bald at one side. i knew i was dreaming at that moment and it lasted for 15 to 20 minutes!!

I had some great fun there but i think you should just keep on what you are doing now. And most important, BELIEVE IN IT!
Life is a gift, Not a right.

Return to “For Beginners”