Newbie alert - Been there and done some...but WOW!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
KayJay

Newbie alert - Been there and done some...but WOW!

Postby KayJay » 27 Feb 2013 23:37

Hi everyone! My name is Kara I just came across this site today and am in awe with what it entails. Reason being is that I finally realize what I've been doing off and on since I was a teen (over 30 years ago) was lucid dreaming. I generally remember them even better than normal dreams, always wonderful, but trying to explain them to anyone else fell flat. All I could really say was that I controlled my dream and brought famous people (Paul McCartney in one case) into it and interacted with them as if real life. I got some odd looks.
I am still reading through and learning the site so I can (hopefully) have them more often. One thing I have already realized is that I have sleep paralysis quite often. Thanks to Rebecca and Pete for pointing out the noise and hallucinations that can accompany this as I have those too - surprisingly the loud noise in my head bothers me more that the shapes. Also, I do find that I am already using the techniques pointed out here in trying to pull myself out of it - ie fingers and eye movement.
This is so interesting knowing what it is and knowing others do it too. And I'm definitely looking forward to being able to do it more often.

R99

Re: Newbie alert - Been there and done some...but WOW!

Postby R99 » 01 Mar 2013 17:30

welcome to this cooool site. lets hangout.
I see the Truth now.

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 01 Mar 2013 21:38

Welcome !
Life is a gift, Not a right.

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 06 Mar 2013 14:18

Natural Lucid dreamer you say? Welcome to the amazing world...
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Mar 2013 05:54

The main reason why I joined this site was because my normal lucid dreams were starting to get crazy with sleep paralysis and vibrations and buzzing in the ears. With others to talk to, I found out it was the start of a WILD and following it through calmly can lead to some amazing lucid dreams. It is hard to go through such things alone without others to help explain or share in those crazy situations. And after a while they become quite familiar and it doesn't have to be bizarre anymore. Knowledge is power!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

MattG1116

Postby MattG1116 » 13 Mar 2013 00:02

I was the same way in that I learned that what I was having was sleep paralysis here.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”