How do you fly in lucid dreams?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
taniaaust1

Re: How do you fly in lucid dreams?

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 02:49

absintheminded wrote: Once it's realized there's nothing going beyond the dream itself, why not take a nose dive, head first and go straight for the ground. Chances are you're either featured waking up thinking, boy, that was a close one or you naturally veer out like you see birds do or a fighter jet, just as you're about to hit the ground. The first time will be that thrill 'of your life' that may have you chasing again and again, until it just becomes another happening in the dream....

The fright of something like that .. usually tends to just wake me up (if I dont hit the concrete) rather then find my dream body veer out like a bird.

Everyone has different experiences with this stuff.. some find it easy while others dont due to hang ups we have about it. I cant even enjoy the rides at the side shows as they scare me nowdays even thou I know they wont hurt me. They just send my adrenaline too high so they arent at all enjoyable.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 02:56

lucidinthe sky wrote: What I find the most interesting in dreams is not the fantastic, like flying, but rather the ordinary like how exactly perfect is the taste of that dream sandwich you just ate.

same here :D
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 15 Mar 2013 14:34

lucidinthe sky wrote:What I find the most interesting in dreams is not the fantastic, like flying, but rather the ordinary like how exactly perfect is the taste of that dream sandwich you just ate.

This is exactly what dreaming is about- dropping into the world of ultimate realism and taking your inner sense of feeling and seeing normal and simplistic everyday experiences, yet in very amazing detail, into a whole new level each time. On the other hand, out-of-the-ordinary experiencing can also spark as much perfection as ordinary ones do. I really do like the best of both worlds, but I can still acknowledge your opinion.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Return to “For Beginners”