Dreaming about lucid dreaming?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jelly deKiller

Dreaming about lucid dreaming?

Postby Jelly deKiller » 06 Mar 2013 20:34

Well I'm sort of new to lucid dreaming (I've only had 3 so far), but what I've found is that a lot of the time I dream about lucid dreaming but don't actually become lucid. For example, in one dream I was explaining to my friend about what lucid dreaming was, and I told her about reality checks, but I didn't actually realise I was dreaming. Another example is in another dream, the word LUCID popped up everywhere, like on a billboard, on a shop sign, on a book, etc, but I didn't stop and think to question myself or do an RC.

Has something like this ever happened to anyone else?

Dark wolf

Re: Dreaming about lucid dreaming?

Postby Dark wolf » 06 Mar 2013 21:12

Gosh! That must be annoying! Well. Never had it. Goodluck with it bros!
Life is a gift, Not a right.

bluebishop

Postby bluebishop » 07 Mar 2013 02:15

This happens to me a lot. Sometimes a dream character is talking to me about lucid dreaming, other times I am explaining lucid dreaming to a dream character. From what I have read it is not all uncommon for this to happen when you are first starting out.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 07 Mar 2013 05:29

Jelly deKiller wrote:Well I'm sort of new to lucid dreaming (I've only had 3 so far), but what I've found is that a lot of the time I dream about lucid dreaming but don't actually become lucid. For example, in one dream I was explaining to my friend about what lucid dreaming was, and I told her about reality checks, but I didn't actually realise I was dreaming. Another example is in another dream, the word LUCID popped up everywhere, like on a billboard, on a shop sign, on a book, etc, but I didn't stop and think to question myself or do an RC.

This has happened to me too, it happens when you are thinking too much about LDs, Its in your mind almost all the time, our dreams are mostly from what we have done today or what we were thinking today.
But still be prepared to do a RC whenever you hear the word LD in your dreams as well as reality, this would definitely increase your chances of having a LD.
Do a reality check

Oneirophile

Postby Oneirophile » 07 Mar 2013 14:06

Ha ha ha. Yes, it happens to me quite a lot - last night in fact. A few DCs and I were discussing I Ching and lucid dreaming, in a non-LD. When I woke up, I kicked myself for not taking the hints. I'm quite lucky with LDs so I know another will arrive soon.

Like another poster says, the way to take advantage of this phenomenon is always to do an RC when discussing LDs with people – then you'll do the same in a dream.

Return to “For Beginners”