Problem With Sleeping

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
flairina

Problem With Sleeping

Postby flairina » 10 Mar 2013 13:51

I recently experienced something that made me take my interest in lucid dreams more seriously again, and am now more determined than ever to start having them. But for some reason, despite the fact that I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, I've now been waking up constantly in the middle of the night and I can't remember my dreams. Any way to stop this?

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Re: Problem With Sleeping

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 10 Mar 2013 17:35

How many hours of sleep do you have before you get in this state of awakening? I suppose it's the other way around. It's when you actually rise up from a state of REM/dream sleep that you are more likely to remember the dream rather than losing it when you go back to a deep state of sleeping. Reason being is that you woke up in the middle of the 'action'. This is generally true, but you might have a special case somehow. Also, do you remember your dreams when you wake up at the morning? And do you actually record them?
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

flairina

Postby flairina » 10 Mar 2013 21:44

Depending on how often I wake up it varies from about two to three hours. Ex. I went to bed at 11, woke up at 1:38, then later sometime after 3, then finally at 5 something or other. I tried going to bed earlier to fix this (ten o' clock) and I still woke up at some time after one. I usually remember my dreams, and I've been recording them for around five years (with constant hope for a lucid dream but no real effort after year one).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Mar 2013 01:45

Seeing you have sleep issues, I suggest for you to get yourself some "slow release" melatonin which may not only help you stay asleep but also helps some to have more vivid dreams so may help some to LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Mar 2013 02:46

This is off topic, but how do you make your avitar picture animate? Or do you have to choose from a selection that has already been programmed to do so. I would love to make my own but just don't know how.

I HATE going off topic so I will give my two sense now about the real issue at hand:
I have had those type of sleepless nights myself. I normally have great dream recall, but some nights I wake up constantly and don't remember a thing. Technically I wasn't actually dreaming, I was waking up so often I didn't give myself a chance. I don't know the exact reason and it was just a phase and it comes and goes. I don't know if that helps at all, other that just saying Ive been there too and it doesn't last forever.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

flairina

Postby flairina » 11 Mar 2013 11:30

Glad to know it's not necessarily going to last forever, because it happened again last night. This time I attempted a Sense Initiated Lucid Dream as soon as I realized I was awake, but then ended up doing so for around 30 minutes without being able to fall asleep for some reason. Despite losing feeling in my extremities I remained annoyingly awake. However, this particular time could have been because of Daylight Saving Time, so perhaps it was just a fluke.

I'll look into the Melatonin, thanks for the advice. :)

Animated avatars need to be in gif format. If you have an animation in gif format, or can find one on the internet, you can use it as an avatar so long as it fits the size restrictions. This particular one is a fake Pokemon I made a few years ago which someone made a sprite of for me.

flairina

Postby flairina » 13 Mar 2013 18:24

Still having sleeping problems; I keep waking up in the middle of the night with no dream recollection. Does anyone else have this problem?

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 13 Mar 2013 19:43

To be honest, I've been having those for a week now. It's frustrating. I wake up at night regularly, not as much as your situation though, but I still remember nothing. It's funny that I gave you an advice in the first place, and now I'm suffering from the same thing. :cry:
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 14 Mar 2013 06:10

This is natural and permanent habit, i know some of my friends have same problem but i think you cannot solve it.

R99

Postby R99 » 14 Mar 2013 07:40

oliverclay wrote:This is natural and permanent habit, i know some of my friends have same problem but i think you cannot solve it.

yes, u can solve it by give away LD thoughts for some days. works for me. i think it happens wen somebody thinking about LD so hard. its just like doing hard and losing it. for LD u need a to relax and try on medium level. i lost my dreams for a week now. tiny bits of fragment dream all i got from now. dont need to frustrated it will surely come back.
I see the Truth now.

Return to “For Beginners”