Dream Guides

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
sardonia

Dream Guides

Postby sardonia » 11 Mar 2013 22:01

Hello, I'm fairly new to the topic of LDing, and I've been working with the CAT technique.
I would just like to know what your ideas on dream guides are, and how many experiences that you have had with your own.
This is not

Ender_brine

Re: Dream Guides

Postby Ender_brine » 12 Mar 2013 18:39

Well, I'm new as well, so don't quote me on what I say, but I think dream guides are the physical forms of our inner subconscious mind. They would be the people in the dream to go to with questions about yourself. Of course, anyone in the dreamscape can answer your questions, but it's nice to have someone who you really think will be able to help you immensely. It plays along with the placebo effect.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Mar 2013 19:04

Ive never had a dream guide come into any of my dreams even when Ive tried to get one appear.

I personaly believe this is cause of a deep down "subconscious" (but its also conscious as Im aware of it) belief I hold.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Mar 2013 03:26

I've had many lucid dreams, but don't know what is meant by a 'dream guide'. I remember when I first joined about a year and a half ago I wrote about the lucid dream I had in which I was trying to summon a dream guide, but what showed up was a large bag of candy that spoke with me and kept morphing into other objects whenever I looked away and back at it again. I feel it is a Dream Character that represents your subconscious or at least another aspect of yourself and it is seldom helpful to me and says the darndest things!

Perhaps 'dream guide' is just a term and anything you meet in a dream can potentially be a dream guide if you think it is. But sometimes I ask those type of dream characters how to dream better and they usually don't answer at all or simply say, 'I don't know." That is just my experience, but I have heard others say that they tend to ignore them too so it is not just me.

Only one dream character seemed to resonate with me and all he said was, "You influence this world...." And I came to realize that I don't have full control over a lucid dream, but simply influence it to bend to my will, but for the most part it will happen on it's own. And the same can be said about real life. No matter how insignificant you may think you are in this vast world with a population of billions, you still have an influence and although you can't change the world, just like I can't completely change a lucid dream, I can still influence it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 13 Mar 2013 03:54

sorry to butt in here, but what is a dream guide?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 13 Mar 2013 14:46

Lucid Dreamer wrote:sorry to butt in here, but what is a dream guide?

A subconsciously-wise dream character that is a projection of your own subconscious. They contain insightful information on who you truly are. They are like mentors or higher spiritual selves, or maybe even role models if you tend to think about them that way. They can help you in your dreams, but moreover, they can do the same in real life, where you might face troubles here and there, and they can give quite some good advices. They are a perfect version of YOU.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 14 Mar 2013 14:53

huh. interesting. ill put summoning one on my list. but one thing. how do you know that it is a dream guide, not just another dream character?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 15 Mar 2013 14:22

Lucid Dreamer wrote:huh. interesting. ill put summoning one on my list. but one thing. how do you know that it is a dream guide, not just another dream character?

I believe that every dream character that exists in your dreams can be a dream guide, though I'm not sure. I also think that they don't exactly look, behave or act the same way as other counterparts. They can be, at the least, slightly different but still convey the same message to you.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2013 11:25

I do know a couple of lucid dreamers who do have dream guides.... seems to be always the same one thou at times may appear in different forms but they still find it to be the same guide for them (I mean they both dont have the same one but same one for the individual). This guide helps them with things. I dont know if they'd also see their dream guide as what in some beliefs is called a spirit guide or what. (I'll have to ask one of them how they view their dream guide and what they view it to actually be).

I used to kind of feel envious that I never get dream guides...
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”