Do we forget our LUCID dreams?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
deepakkumaar97

Re: Do we forget our LUCID dreams?

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 17 Mar 2013 07:26

taniaaust1 wrote:Its like real life, you do not remember what you do every single day of your life.

THIS one line really tells the whole thing.
Do a reality check

beremaran

Postby beremaran » 17 Mar 2013 08:18

Okay, I understood now

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 19 Mar 2013 04:31

beremaran wrote:Isn't lucid dream a conscious act? I talking about that I can remember whatever I did in the day. If lucid dreaming is a conscious act, I must be remember. But all of you telling me you can forget. I asked that for the first minutes after I wake up.

I define a "lucid dream" as you having a basic level of awareness that you're dreaming.
There might not be any awareness of who you really are (ie: you don't know you're a physical person lying in a bed sleeping somewhere)... to attain that awareness, I call an astral projection. Having an "astral awareness".

It doesn't matter what kind of awareness you have, you can still experience something then forget it a second later. That's just how our memory works. For example, sometime I can totally forget what I had to eat for breakfast... you'd think this would be a no-brainer, as I'm very aware what I'm eating while I'm eating it, but for some reason it's something I do often, so I don't put much thought into it.

If you're wanting to remember *ANY* kind of experiences, upon waking immediately take 5 minutes to remember as much detail as you can of what you were just experiencing. Put thought into it! :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 06 Apr 2013 07:38

Yes of course we can forget our lucid dream. I once have a lucid dream, when i woke up, i was telling to myself what i have dream tonight, i couldnt remember anything. I went to the bathroom and a flash came, i realise that i have make a lucid dream, but it was not very clear. So this day i have just wrote some words. :cry:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Apr 2013 20:16

Most of my lucid dreams are remembered the same way as I remember doing something when awake. So naturally the memory gets buried over time when new memories are formed just like any waking one.

However, there have been a few times when I would write in my dream journal, trying to remember my dreams and disappointed that I wasn't lucid, when all of a sudden I do remember that I was lucid last night. It was a lucid dream that happened in the middle of all the other non-lucid ones and since I didn't wake up right afterward, the memory gets muddled with all the others.

So yea, I have had some lucid dreams that I can barely remember. It's frustrating, and all I remember was having so much fun at the time, but can't remember exactly what I did.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Apr 2013 20:30

taniaaust1 wrote:Those who never remember their dreams..may be having lucid ones they just cant remember as after the lucid period they may of just then drifted off into being non lucid and then just not remembering when they awoke.

That is what happened to me. I would have never remembered it at all if I hadn't been in the habit of dream journaling. I would have totally forgot about it and never known. There is no reason why this can't happen to others who don't remember their dreams and they will never know they were actually lucid once.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 05:06

HAGART wrote: It's frustrating, and all I remember was having so much fun at the time, but can't remember exactly what I did.

Your comment jogged my memory. Ive had that happen too.. very frustrating.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 05:08

HAGART wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Those who never remember their dreams..may be having lucid ones they just cant remember as after the lucid period they may of just then drifted off into being non lucid and then just not remembering when they awoke.

That is what happened to me. I would have never remembered it at all if I hadn't been in the habit of dream journaling. I would have totally forgot about it and never known. There is no reason why this can't happen to others who don't remember their dreams and they will never know they were actually lucid once.

Esp if its a very brief period of lucidity like many newbies to this get. I think the briefer the period of lucidity (some beginners may only have seconds of lucidity before going non lucid again).. the more probable it may be for it to be forgotten about.

I guess that is quite comparable to real life as far as time goes.. say a person wakes up for a few seconds in middle of the night to roll over in bed, its less likely to be remembered then if one got up during the middle of the night and spent 15mins eatting a bowl of cereal.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”