Can having ADD have influence on lucidity?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jaquiliana

Can having ADD have influence on lucidity?

Postby jaquiliana » 22 Mar 2013 21:29

I'm fairly new to the world of Lucid Dreaming, but I've been interested in oneirology since I was quite young.
I've been wondering if my ADD will make a significant difference in my dreaming situation.

Note:
I, in fact, do have a very good dream recall (of about three + dreams per night). Also, even though I am ADD, I have a more intelligent and calm way of being, opposed to most other people diagnosed with ADD or ADHD.

taniaaust1

Re: Can having ADD have influence on lucidity?

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Mar 2013 00:00

I think the fact of having dream recall would be a far more important thing then if one has ADD or not.

I do think that that some LD methods may be harder for someone to ADD. A person who has ADD may have more trouble relaxing well, racing minds may not be conductive to some LD techniques. If you dont have an issue with that, I dont see why the ADD would hinder LD in any way (thou maybe the ADD drugs could help or hinder in some way but I dont have a clue about those).

I'd think i you are remembering your dreams.. your abiity to LD via one of the methods should be fine.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Peter

Re: Can having ADD have influence on lucidity?

Postby Peter » 23 Mar 2013 05:18

A person who has ADD may have more trouble relaxing well, racing minds may not be conductive to some LD techniques

I use the word focus more so than relax and then something like a racing mind becomes a strength to be used not a barrier so its all up to the user to take advantage of themselves.

IF you are using drugs for control this make make a difference but again it could be a positive on, I would not know
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”