Some help please/advice.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ConnorAJSneddon

Some help please/advice.

Postby ConnorAJSneddon » 25 Mar 2013 23:39

Hey everyone,

I'm not new to Lucid Dreaming at all really, I know a substantial amount of information about it because of the fact I put roughly 50 hours worth of time studying it and finding out as much as I could.

I know how to induce it in several way's, several techniques, ect.

I at one point was very, very interested in Lucid Dreaming and made it a big part of my daily life. I would do reality checks as much as I could I even had a few "nearly Lucid" dreams. Well I believe I did.

I even carried a small spinning top like from the movie Inception, I'm not sure whether it actually works for a way of becoming Lucid but before I stopped practising Lucid Dreaming the spinning top was actually starting to appear in some of my dreams, I didn't get the chance to spin it in a dream to see if it would topple or not though.

I also tried WILD a couple of times but without the waking up part, I would try it sometimes as at the time I were about to go to sleep at night instead of waking up in the middle of the morning. I would say I got quite far at some point, I would get the buzzing sensation and would start to see blurry coloured visions. I always seemed to ruin it though, for the fact that I would start breathing heavily or swallowing in which would ruin it all.

I would just like to know if anyone would know any tips that I could use to remember to do my 'reality checks' as towards the end of my interest in it I would be lucky to remember to do it twice a day. Also I am still unaware to how long it takes until reality check become a habit and them carry on into dream state as a habit. Also would it be more helpful if I were to keep a dream journal as I did not feel the need to have one before.

I have decided to take Lucid Dreaming reasonably serious again as I put in allot of hard work on it before and it would be a shame for it all to go to waste and I would like to experience it fully because I have only partially experienced it and I'm sure it shall be an amazing and vivid experience.

Thanks for any feedback you choose to give, any advice will be brilliant.

Connor Sneddon.
Keep getting so close and giving up :(!!

neverlandjulia

Re: Some help please/advice.

Postby neverlandjulia » 26 Mar 2013 00:34

you say you'd be happy to remember it twice a day when actually it should be much more :) I had the same problem so I just set up 10 alarms during the day on my Iphone, and it sometimes bothers me, for example in the middle of the class, but I just switch it off really quickly and look around questioning the reality.

CarissaAndrea

Postby CarissaAndrea » 26 Mar 2013 03:50

Hey! So I randomly came across an article on lucid dreaming about two years ago, and it interested me, and made me want to read more about it. I heard that helps alot, and that simply reading about it puts the idea of lucid dreaming into your subconscious, but you already have the reading part down. Anyway, I did what the site told me to do. I did many reality checks. For me, the reality check would be to look at my hands, and then run them along something to see if it felt real, and then to tell myself, "I'm awake." After doing this for one day, the next day, I automatically was doing it every 2 hours, or so, without having to try to remember to do it. It came naturally.

Then, by some strange coincidence, my sister showed me this cartoon-type of movie about dreaming, and lucid dreaming. That night before I went to sleep, I thought about it alot, did one last reality check, and fell asleep. It turns out the reality checks, and reading, or watching things about lucid dreaming was all I needed to make myself lucid. THAT night I had my first lucid dream. It's so hard to describe. I walked around in the dream, and said, "Am I awake?" And I told myself, no I wasn't, but what's strange is I never looked at my hands, like I do when I'm actually awake. I just knew I was dreaming. I could then make things appear just by thinking about them, and when I wanted something to go away, it would be gone in less than a second. I would think about people I wanted to see, and I could actually hear footsteps coming up stairs (stairs that I could not see in the dream, but I could actually hear their footsteps!) and and then they'd suddenly be in front of me. I tried it with about ten people I wanted to see, and it worked every time! And then I thought about different places. Right when I thought about a subway in NYC, I appeared on one, and there were people riding with me, but I didn't know anyone. I did try to start a conversation with one girl sitting next to me, just to see if it would work, and all she said was her name, which I now forget.

It was the craziest experience I've ever had, and at some point, I felt the dream start to slip away. I don't really know how to describe it other than that, but it felt like it was going to end soon, so I said out loud in the dream, "I want to wake up." I woke up that second, and right away, I ran downstairs to tell my sister what had happened, because I was so excited haha!

I ended up having about 3 more lucid dreams that became stronger and stronger over the next couple months by just using the reality checks. But then I moved to this new house, enrolled in a harder university, and I think the stress is not allowing me to lucid dream anymore. I try, but ever since I moved here; I get nothing. Sometimes I can tell a lucid dream is about to start, but then it fades away, and I wake up. It's weird. I think the methods to lucid dream are different for everyone, and you have to see what works for you. Maybe only doing one method would work for you, like it did for me?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Mar 2013 06:38

Keep a dream journal. You wouldnt like to have a LD but then forget it as you have lapsed into a dream state right after the experience and woken up not being able to remember at all. Keeping a dream journal also helps to signal to your subconciousness that your dreams are important to you so hopefully it will start to pay more attention to them (you could wake up in a dream).

with your reality checks.. I suggest to chose a time to do them in which also happens in your dreams and then do them in real life EVERY TIME... that common dream symbol you've choosen happens (make sure its something you frequently dream of.. if you pay attention to your dreams well you will find a good thing to choose for doing a reality check at).

It has been said that it takes 21 days to form a habit.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 26 Mar 2013 14:01

Dreamjournal is one of the most important methode for a Lucid dream. If you dont keep a Dreamjournal, of couse you will never have a lucid dream even if you make reality checks. Here my methode:
1. Have a Dream Journal and re-read and post you the question '' Why i didnt realise that it was a dream?''
2. Do 5 reality check and think that you will do that in your dream tonight, that you already know.
3. Read a lot of article about lucid dream
4. Try to feel what feeling are you feeling now, or live in the present, or make meditation.
5. Dont be angry again yourself when you once again have a normal dream, cuz otherwise your subconscious will further delay the lucid dream.

Good chance ;)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

ConnorAJSneddon

Postby ConnorAJSneddon » 26 Mar 2013 17:47

Thanks everyone for your reply's.
Keep getting so close and giving up :(!!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Mar 2013 22:55

It is quite possible to have a LD without keeping a dream journal.. but keeping one can really help.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”