Confuzzled

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Extermanet

Confuzzled

Postby Extermanet » 10 Aug 2011 14:29

last night i had a very interestingly confusing dream

I dreampt that I was helping two girls build a house, while working on the top floor (a very unbalanced floor at that)I started to make it tip until I jumped onto a support beam. Once I did, my sister and my aunt came walking around the corner and told me I was dreaming.

THIS is where I get confused. Once they do that, I FELT like i realized I was dreaming, but that's the problem. I never changed the dream to what I wanted, or transformed into some cool things, but instead I just went with the dream, knowing it was a dream. Once we got to the last part that's when I started to take control. I would tell the dream to pause (as in make it go into a pause menu) and make a weapon. after making the dream conjure two weapons, I pause the dream one last time to tell it to help me remember this dream and to help me have more lucid dreams.

thinking back I don't even think I performed a reality check. So was this a lucid dream or was it a very convincing dream?

i'm leaning towards the convincing dream, but I figured i'd ask some more skilled people

torakrubik

Re: Confuzzled

Postby torakrubik » 10 Aug 2011 15:14

If you realised you were dreaming, it's lucid.
Dreaming is my drug

Extermanet

Postby Extermanet » 11 Aug 2011 06:57

I guess im just confused, which i've started wondering if its possible to have a dream about being in a lucid dream without actually "becoming lucid"

...y'know what... I think I might just be in shock about having a lucid dream :lol:

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 11 Aug 2011 10:17

yeah I kinda have those dreams, were I start to be confused when I wake up whether I had a LD or a dream about a LD without being lucid myself....lol
but if you had controlled your dream by pausing it as you said....then yeah I guess you were aware that your dreaming, hmmmm?
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Return to “For Beginners”