Stopped dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JackDaw

Stopped dreaming

Postby JackDaw » 02 Apr 2013 11:04

Hello,

I'm a beginner lucid dreamer. I've tried for about a couple of weeks now to have my first lucid dream. The problem that I'm having is that I've "stopped dreaming". I know that EVERYBODY dreams but as of a couple of night ago I can't remember any of my dreams. Not even when I wake up at night. My dreams were pretty vivid at the start but now I can't remember anything (or like the smallest fraction of a dream).
What can I do to help boost my dream recall?
I don't know if I wanna start popping alot of pills just yet...

tea

Re: Stopped dreaming

Postby tea » 02 Apr 2013 11:12

usually pills are not necessary at all, to have a healthy dream-life.

one of the very basics -in fact; the first thing you need to do- for a better dream recall is keeping a dream journal. do you do that? if not, do it. keep it right next to your bed and write down everything you can remember as soon as you wake up. even write in it if you can't remember anything at all (e.g. "can't remember")
seriously, you'll be amazed by how good this works!

one thing i recommend to every beginner is to subscribe to rebecca's free e-course here: http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/subscribe.html

you'll learn everything you need for a good start!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

JackDaw

Postby JackDaw » 03 Apr 2013 01:19

Yes I do keep a journal. Everything was going great until a few nights ago. Since I started keeping a journal (about two weeks ago) my dreams have sky rocketed in vividness and frequency but since easter I havent had a single one...
The fact that I have gone from having vivid dreams each and every night to no dreams at all just seems really strange to me.

Yes I follow the e-course. It is thanks to the course I started keeping a journal in the first place :) Thats about it though... Is there something else other than keeping a journal I can do?
If I havent had a dream I havent written anything in the journal but I can start to :)

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

tea

Postby tea » 03 Apr 2013 09:54

JackDaw wrote:If I havent had a dream I havent written anything in the journal but I can start to :)

yeah, making it a habit can help.

but also, everyone tends to have times where [lucid]dreaming is harder. often it helps just to let it be and continue doing whatever you can without forcing it.
i'd say you let it be that way for a while and see what time brings..
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 09 Apr 2013 08:22

JackDaw wrote:Hello,

I'm a beginner lucid dreamer. I've tried for about a couple of weeks now to have my first lucid dream. The problem that I'm having is that I've "stopped dreaming". I know that EVERYBODY dreams but as of a couple of night ago I can't remember any of my dreams. Not even when I wake up at night. My dreams were pretty vivid at the start but now I can't remember anything (or like the smallest fraction of a dream).
What can I do to help boost my dream recall?
I don't know if I wanna start popping alot of pills just yet...

Yeah, me too at a time i was having the same problem, i couldnt remember even a single dream :evil: . But then it came back, and now i remember some of dream.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2013 08:35

Dont worry about it too much. I go throu periods at times where I cant remember my dreams at all but then I start remembering dreams again. Just be ready to start writing your dreams in your journal again.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”