HELP NEW LUCID DREAMER

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
artic65

HELP NEW LUCID DREAMER

Postby artic65 » 03 Apr 2013 02:06

Hi. Im 12 years old and became interested in lucid dreaming a few months ago. My best friend and I want to lucid dream. We have researched for about a year and while every page seems to say how the person started or their first expeience, nobody seems to explain how to actually do it. My friend has lucid dreamt a few times without any help, but I dont think I have that ability. I have tried a thousand methods. The mind awake body asleep, WILD, and lucid dream hypnosis,and the last one is the only one that seemed to work. I started the sleep hypnosis video and somewhere along fell asleep. I realized I was dreaming and started shouting at passerby: You are a dream! You are a dream! and things like that. What confuses mE is that after a few seconds i didnt really have control anymore. Can someone help me? :(

tea

Re: HELP NEW LUCID DREAMER

Postby tea » 03 Apr 2013 10:00

being lucid does not mean that you definitely have control. lucidity is knowing that it is a dream. control is "just" a cool side-effect but even here it's not "absolute control" or "no control". the borders are foggy.

here some questions that might help you:
have you tried WBTB?
do you keep a dream journal?
do you keep an eye on your dream signs?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Re: HELP NEW LUCID DREAMER

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Apr 2013 23:36

Sometimes the control comes for some with more experience while others have good control of their dream bodies at the start..

Keep trying and maybe be patient with the thing which has worked for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”