Hello world.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
enterthevoid

Hello world.

Postby enterthevoid » 08 Apr 2013 14:02

Hello everyone, I just like to introduce myself.

I am Ryan and a 17 year old Australian who is very keen to lock down and harness the power of lucid dreaming for many reasons. I have been on and off trying to lucid dream over the past couple of months with some success and a lot of unsuccessful tries as well.
I have tried dream induced and wake induced, but I find wake induced quite hard. My only successful lucid dreams are from dream induced, and it hasn't been much.

I need help, I know being on and off and not committed is a worry when trying to lucid dream, but I am now going to become committed to in making sure I do everything correctly,but there is some things I need help with those being.

When I do realise I am dreaming, and start to do something under my control (it isn't anything wild, its basically moving and doing what I want to do) my dream often fades away relatively quickly within 5-20 seconds of being lucid. When I try to spin on rub my hands together I either blank out and wake up or I will come to another dream and not know I am dreaming anymore until the next day when I wake up.
So what do I do to improve the length and stay lucid throughout my dreams?

Peace.

tea

Re: Hello world.

Postby tea » 08 Apr 2013 15:18

hi there! :D

sounds like you basically know what to do, good :)
it seems to me that you're having similar problems as i do when it comes to stabilization.
while spinning around has worked pretty okay so far, rubbing my hands together bothers me too sometimes. that's why i had to change my stabilization techniques...

some months ago i became lucid and as the dream started to fade away, i quickly grabbed an object to look at it. in my opinion that's a good stabilization-method: closely looking at dream stuff.

another nice method we (some people in this forum) figured out is actually a challange by HAGART: check your pockets! we're talking about this one here: http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3541
(on page two taniaaust1 brings up the stabilizing-aspect of this challange)

when you're lucid don't think about your physical body lying in bed, don't think about things you've done in waking life or anything like that.
keep your focus on the dream itself, look at it, feel it, shout out "clarity now!" and keep reminding yourself that this is a dream and that you're lucid.

did any of the above help?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 17:14

enterthevoid wrote:Hello everyone, I just like to introduce myself.

I am Ryan and a 17 year old Australian who is very keen to lock down and harness the power of lucid dreaming for many reasons. I have been on and off trying to lucid dream over the past couple of months with some success and a lot of unsuccessful tries as well.
I have tried dream induced and wake induced, but I find wake induced quite hard. My only successful lucid dreams are from dream induced, and it hasn't been much.

I need help, I know being on and off and not committed is a worry when trying to lucid dream, but I am now going to become committed to in making sure I do everything correctly,but there is some things I need help with those being.

When I do realise I am dreaming, and start to do something under my control (it isn't anything wild, its basically moving and doing what I want to do) my dream often fades away relatively quickly within 5-20 seconds of being lucid. When I try to spin on rub my hands together I either blank out and wake up or I will come to another dream and not know I am dreaming anymore until the next day when I wake up.
So what do I do to improve the length and stay lucid throughout my dreams?

Peace.

How long have you been lucid dreaming please?? :?: :?:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 18:04

Oh :o , sorry i have forget to welcome you haha :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2013 03:45

Hi :D (im in Australia too)

It can take a lot of practice to balance things so one isnt going too shallow in the dreaming eg then awakening or going too deep hence then loosing the dream.

Experiment with different stabilization techniques till you know what works best for you.

Think of it being like learning to walk... you didnt learn to walk over night, it took a lot of practice.

You could also find that if you LD at a different time to what you are now.. you may have better stabilization. I myself find that timing does affect how much trouble I have with it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

enterthevoid

Postby enterthevoid » 09 Apr 2013 03:57

Thank you for all the replied, I hope this can help me with stabilizing my dreams.
In response to je-je, I have been doing it on and off for about two or three months.

Peace

Return to “For Beginners”